Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Forum request: Post Likes
Thumbs Up 
Yes I hear all that glorious screaming at me from all sides.

What I'd like, if possible, are post likes. Not dislikes; just likes. Dislikes tend to dissuade people from posting their opinions.

I think this'd help in figurin' out community opinions, as sometimes you just don't want to post a reply because you agree with somethin'.
there are a few times i have wanted to like a post, yes
(03-21-2017, 02:07 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Sometimes you just don't want to post a reply because you agree with somethin'.

This reply posted because I agree with something.
I'd like this, with the caveat that like you said there's no negative here.
Someone with a very good idea should be noticed more.
+1 dis i like
So long as they aren't tracked anywhere besides that one post

lest we devolve into rep wars
I actually don't know if I like this idea. We already have the star rating system for the threads.
(03-24-2017, 02:02 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I actually don't know if I like this idea. We already have the star rating system for the threads.
Glad you brought that up.

All rating systems >2 trend towards being a binary system (which I also don't like) when open to the public. In a 5 point system, the vast majority vote 5 or 1. In a small population, that means most topics are 5, 1, or nullvote. In this forum's case, you don't even know how many voted. A 5 star topic could be rated by a hundred people, or more likely, by the OP alone.

In that case I'd like to extend this request to threads in addition to posts, and have it replace the current star ranking system.
(03-24-2017, 01:49 PM)Sov Wrote: So long as they aren't tracked anywhere besides that one post

lest we devolve into rep wars

I should mention that I was viewing it a little bit like Discord's reactions, holy fuck no to the idea of a post karma system. Isolated to specific posts only please.