Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Add More Genetics Races
There's already a punishment....

it's called a cluwne.
a little super hairgrownium, paint, and incredibly damaging plastic surgery to change your bone structure and musculature and you can be whatever you want, no need to bring genetics into it.

maybe even a useless decorative cybernetic tail nya :3
add cattebeests I swear I saw one in game already

also

(03-20-2017, 05:32 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 09:39 AM)Cirrial Wrote: if we let one single new animal person genetic race in then a dire precedent is set

careful you dont slip and fall down that slope

also i cant help but say that this stuff only becomes a problem when you make it a problem. no one brought up furries until you started frothing at the mouth and brought up the big scary furry boogeyman

a huge chunk of the coders for this game were furries so can we stop with this extremely tired bullshit and move on from 2004
(03-20-2017, 11:38 AM)misto Wrote: slug/snail race. they move very slow and leave sticky slime trail that slows everyone else down too. janitor hates him. they die if u put salt on them. chef will cook him into escargot

this would be hilarious, seconding this idea
(03-20-2017, 08:07 PM)poland spring Wrote: a huge chunk of the coders for this game were furries so can we stop with this extremely tired bullshit and move on from 2004

The current coders don't want furry stuff added to the game. It's as simple as that!
I am perfectly fine with adding more mutantraces to genetics if:
- they are interesting, cool or funny, or could have mechanics that are
- they aren't just [animal]-man, unless they fit with the above point (like misto's slug/snail guy idea)
- I'm provided sprites for them (I don't have a lot of time to make custom sprites for things atm)

I personally prefer weird/neat/alien scifi stuff to things like "a normal guy but he's also kind of a fox too" because I think it fits with the theme better.

(03-20-2017, 11:34 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: New idea: add space pangolins to the station somewhere. Possibly as a new Genetics mascot, since they don't currently have one.

I'm always happy to add more critters if someone provides nice sprites for them.  They might not be on the station all the time or anything's mascot but there's usually a place for them somewhere.  At the very least, they add more options for Baleful Polymorph. spider
i maintain freak mantis men or people made of jutting crystals would be a really nice addition, bits stickin off em, etc
said crystal people could eat gems to change the color of their semitransparent body
innate laser/burn resistance, weaker to brute? toxins middle of the road because maybe they're crystals with a circulatory system(!!)

edit: basically, i'm on the same boat of NO FURRIES but I like things that are intentionally a bit weird/offputting like a crystal full of veins or a horrible slugperson or a martian hybrid, the destiny picking up alien crew as part of the proposed ftl-style events would be really neat
(03-21-2017, 03:57 AM)Cirrial Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 08:07 PM)poland spring Wrote: a huge chunk of the coders for this game were furries so can we stop with this extremely tired bullshit and move on from 2004

The current coders don't want furry stuff added to the game. It's as simple as that!

I don't see coder next to your name and the next post refutes your point so eff off

and I agree with Haine but if we're gonna go with that template we need to make the existing races actually have interesting effects too
Whatever happens, have a corresponding chef recipe for each new race. The snail/slug idea is p good.
(03-21-2017, 07:39 AM)Haine Wrote: I am perfectly fine with adding more mutantraces to genetics if:
- they are interesting, cool or funny, or could have mechanics that are
- they aren't just [animal]-man, unless they fit with the above point (like misto's slug/snail guy idea)
- I'm provided sprites for them (I don't have a lot of time to make custom sprites for things atm)

I personally prefer weird/neat/alien scifi stuff to things like "a normal guy but he's also kind of a fox too" because I think it fits with the theme better.

Based on this, I think it would be a good idea to go full pangolin. Idea:
-Space Pangolins are a race that were originally literal uplifted Earth pangolins, so they still have some of the traits.
-You can be one either through the Manid Genetics gene/body type or being a Space Pangolin Ambassador like for the other races.
-They have (unfixable, it's attached to the body type) REALLY shitty eyesight, but have (similarly shitty) thermal vision, except their thermals can't see through walls.
-When they're lying down, they take reduced brute or burn damage, especially from explosions or blunt objects, but when standing up they take additional damage of those types, especially if you target the head.
-They have elongated snouts, which means they bump into things less but can't wear most headgear and masks without modification and can't wear certain headgears or masks ever.
The key here seems to be: Make sprites and try to stick to the sci-fi theme. Unless you just wanna make some really silly-ass thing that's too hilarious to be left out.

If ye really want it, spriting ain't that hard.
Idea: Spiderpeople
Pros:
  • 8 arms
  • 8 hands
  • 8 legs (pulling is as fast as walking)
Cons:
  • Still non-human
  • Takes more damages from fire
ok. ill try to make slugsnail sprites. later...
Asking the hard questions... Do snail people have hands? (making both versions for the time being)

Misto, have at it if you'd like but I've already got something near finished at the moment.
(03-21-2017, 12:01 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Asking the hard questions... Do snail people have hands? (making both versions for the time being)

Misto, have at it if you'd like but I've already got something near finished at the moment.

They carry everything in their mouth