Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Add More Genetics Races
Snails would suffer so much during a wraith round. Someone starts salt bombing a ton of areas forcing snails to try out maintenance and then die to possessed objects in the dark with no one knowing.
Sounds fun. Do it.
[Image: 2012-10-25-Snail-Comic.png]
(03-21-2017, 11:52 AM)medsal15 Wrote: Idea: Spiderpeople
Pros:
  • 8 arms
  • 8 hands
  • 8 legs (pulling is as fast as walking)
Cons:
  • Still non-human
  • Takes more damages from fire

I really like the idea of alien races with extra arms, I had loads of fun playing as a spider when I got poly-morphed into one. I'd say the obvious downside would be the inability to wear certain items or gear, due to your freaky alien morphology.
(03-21-2017, 12:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 12:01 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Asking the hard questions... Do snail people have hands? (making both versions for the time being)

Misto, have at it if you'd like but I've already got something near finished at the moment.

They carry everything in their mouth

(still a work in progress) I think the shell outline needs work but if I make it darker everything gets muddled together. Meh. Side views and slime trails to come.

[Image: E98hicT.png]

[Image: t9utaKp.png]

Slugman is hArmless.
[Image: qjs6qyh.png]
(03-21-2017, 02:04 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 12:27 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 12:01 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Asking the hard questions... Do snail people have hands? (making both versions for the time being)

Misto, have at it if you'd like but I've already got something near finished at the moment.

They carry everything in their mouth

(still a work in progress) I think the shell outline needs work but if I make it darker everything gets muddled together. Meh. Side views and slime trails to come.

[Image: E98hicT.png]

[Image: t9utaKp.png]

Slugman is hArmless.
[Image: qjs6qyh.png]

i thought only snails had shells and slugs were just naked

also you're really good at spriting things that make my fucking skin crawl jesus christ save me
o shit

what if the snailiens were locked in eternal war with the hermit crabliens over their precious shells

and when they die u can steal the shell and carve a shell-horn to toot
Slugs are basically Shell-less Snails, Though both are garden pests whom hate salt.
(03-21-2017, 03:12 PM)misto Wrote: snailiens
Cackling Aloud With Gusto

relative animu
Okay so after a lot of discussion in IRC my stance on this has flipped completely, and I am more onboard with this sort of thing providing races have significant mechanical spice/zest/interestingness, remain only accessible through genetics and/or diplomat roles (ie. no selecting your species as part of character selection) and that these races come with net disadvantages to balance out advantages. The crew should remain human majority regardless.

Holy fuck that snalien. Yes. That is the good kind of weird. I also like the mechanical disadvantages they have and how that ties into existing antag weaknesses. Sucks to be a snail in the wrong time and wrong place!

also i might sprite mantises now, newsflash i am a fucking hypocrite please destroy me and end my life
What if their shell was a backpack? Take it off to be a slug