Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Add More Genetics Races
Add Felid Genetics (cats), Canid Genetics (dogs), and Manid Genetics (yes). Felid and Canid because dogs vs cats, Manid Genetics because yes.
A) do you mean Mantid, because I would be all for mantis peeps who are fucking awful with their hands

b) also no, disregard A, no, no no no no nononononononono
Fuck you

To elaborate on that : I don't think those races in particular would be a good addition to the regular geneticist. I also have no clue what a manid is

EDIT 2.0: Him but not really.
me or him

edit: let's make this less of a white noise post. I am fiercely opposed to cat/dog genetics, and if you're talking about mantis peoples then that particular niche is more or less filled by the cockroach people. Also, while I'd love mantis people to have weird mechanics, adding weird mechanics to literally any mutant race begins to head down paths that, looking at other SS13 servers, only end in tears.

I'm not saying "furries will ruin everything" so much as I'm saying adding more reasons to hate geneticists is not a smart plan.
yeah ditch Felid and Canid
i still want Manid tho

Manid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin
no

and I like pangolins, but still no
alright
fair enough
Maybe there should be a stickied post stating "There Will Never Be Cat Genetics" to save us the trouble of having to shoot these threads down when they innevitably pop up every few months.
but pangolins could slurp the space ants right up off the floor

anyways until fishman is made into propr fishman rather than purple man i dont want any time wasted on new races
if we let one single new animal person genetic race in then a dire precedent is set
Slimepeople!
WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A XENOBIOLOGY SLIMES DEPARTMENT OH MY GOD
(03-20-2017, 09:29 AM)misto Wrote: anyways until fishman is made into propr fishman rather than purple man i dont want any time wasted on new races

Here, Here!

Even if race is just used as a container that stabilizes certain gene sets. Like: Fish inherently have anaerobic, ink, stink, and cold resist at no stability costs - but they have to be a fuckin' fish stick so yeah.

Anyways yeah no cats. I've been to cat hell:
[Image: 030e1f0a58.png]

Let's say I've had better vacations:
[Image: %3EIgnore%20the%20floorcat.%20It%20was%20fine.%20We%20ha...hings%20out.]
The most dangerous thing about cat hell is that it endears you to cats. Even in the clutches of the dreaded [redacted] I was only able to think of my beloved cat and best friend, SEXCOPTER. Not sure why she insisted on all caps for that name, but cats do what they want-nyan~
New idea: add space pangolins to the station somewhere. Possibly as a new Genetics mascot, since they don't currently have one.
slug/snail race. they move very slow and leave sticky slime trail that slows everyone else down too. janitor hates him. they die if u put salt on them. chef will cook him into escargot