Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split bigger areas up
Big areas, like the 'fore primary hallway' are split into both a lot of cameras, and completely unspecific about things like fire alarms. Playing AI, it'll be like 'fire alarm in for primary hallway' and then if I care I have to look through all NINE cameras. Split it into at least halfs, so fore primary hallway south and north, for example
i honestly just wish cameras (ai or none) were better named than 'Bar 1', 'Bar 2', 'Bar 3' because you have no idea where they're going to end up at and end up thumbing around with that kinda shitty menu missing what's actually happening frown
Someone once threw out the idea of simplifying the camera system to networks, where you get a list of locations like "Bar" or "Security" and then you cycle through all the cameras that are tagged for that network.

Granted, that was more an idea for using the security camera console rather than the AI cameras, but I feel like that could help.
A map with clickable camera icons; especially if it showed the camera 'radii'. I have wanted that for so long and I don't even play the relevant jobs.
- coders screaming -
Yeah I know shuddap; a man can dream.

For AI I think there was work done on a free floating overmind or whatever. Not sure what happened to that. Or if I dreamed it.
(03-20-2017, 12:53 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: A map with clickable camera icons; especially if it showed the camera 'radii'. I have wanted that for so long and I don't even play the relevant jobs.
- coders screaming -

For AI I think there was work done on a free floating overmind or whatever. Not sure what happened to that. Or if I dreamed it.

Somebody (probably me!!) mentioned making the AI's cameras a floaty blob-type overmind that just would see (TRAVERSABLE) static in places its cameras were cut.
(03-20-2017, 12:53 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: A map with clickable camera icons; especially if it showed the camera 'radii'. I have wanted that for so long and I don't even play the relevant jobs.
- coders screaming -

There surely was a few months back, because I remember somebody cracking that the AI Eye should be called an A Eye, and I put that a hand labeler just for the pun.