Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant Connect to LLJK US 2
Smile 
hey ive been trying to connect to LLJK US 2 but i cant connect to the server.
i downloaded the resources when i click on join

after it downloads Dream Seeker starts so i can connect to the server but it just stops responding after 3 seconds. when i click on join again it launches Dream Seeker then goes away and does not do anything, however it is still running in processes.

i can connect to other servers just fine its just this one.

Steps ive done to solve:
Clear Cache
connect via wiki links
Connect with Open Location on the Byond Hub
uninstall Byond then redownloading it.
update to The Beta Byond 511 then retried the steps above when it didnt work.
disable antivirus and firewall

Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

Edit: cant connect to the LLJK 1 also, i guess i cant connect to LLJK in general.
can anyone help?
What message are you getting when you attempt to connect to the server?
(03-19-2017, 07:24 PM)69andahalf Wrote: What message are you getting when you attempt to connect to the server?

i get no message at all. ill try to video capture what happening and ill link it back.

(03-19-2017, 07:24 PM)69andahalf Wrote: What message are you getting when you attempt to connect to the server?

heres the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTwCKGU...e=youtu.be
Are you logged into a byond account or just using the default guest account?

My friend had this exact same issue and it was resolved simply by registering and logging into a byond account. I dont think goonstation will let guest accounts play
Goonstation explicitly blocks guess accounts from connecting. Also telnet connections! Because BYOND supports that but just fucking imagine trying to play this game via telnet commands, typing North to move north each time, etc. not being able to see goddamn anything, what a hellish experience.
(03-20-2017, 05:50 AM)Sov Wrote: Are you logged into a byond account or just using the default guest account?

My friend had this exact same issue and it was resolved simply by registering and logging into a byond account. I dont think goonstation will let guest accounts play

i have an account. i forgot to mention this but i have played ss13 before but its been a long time. ive made a brand new account to see if that was the problem but its still not working.

Does the server have a problem with windows 10? cuz the last time i played ss13 it was on a laptop with windows 7.
Sorry for being a pain in the behind guys.
It seems likely to me that you are not in fact signed into your byond account within the byond app.
(03-20-2017, 10:14 AM)Wire Wrote: It seems likely to me that you are not in fact signed into your byond account within the byond app.

i am. Proof:  http://imgur.com/a/tWsdu
Have you tried completely deleting the BYOND folder (you can also just re-name it if you have screenshots) in your documents folder when you uninstall and re-install? Could be something bad sticking around in there, or not, but it's at least something to try.

Edit: /tg/ has a pretty good guide with a selection of options for this issue, especially windows 10 ones.
(03-20-2017, 11:30 AM)69andahalf Wrote: Have you tried completely deleting the BYOND folder (you can also just re-name it if you have screenshots) in your documents folder when you uninstall and re-install? Could be something bad sticking around in there, or not, but it's at least something to try.

Edit: /tg/ has a pretty good guide with a selection of options for this issue, especially windows 10 ones.

ok ima delete anything byond related files then install again. Do i install the stable or beta this time? and as for that link ive checked and done all the stuff on there. i dont have that kb313 update thing on my computer. ima link a video thats a bit better than the other one. thanks for helping me out.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQmSDOL...e=youtu.be
beta build always
(03-20-2017, 11:47 AM)Sov Wrote: beta build always

dumb question but does it matter which link? theres the "Windows button" for the exe. and the "[zip]". just want to make sure even tho i dont think it matters.

No still does not work for me. I guess ill just wait till byond releases a new update, server updates or something.... Thanks guys for your help I appreciate it.