Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
LLJK1 is still kinda poo
(06-16-2017, 10:22 AM)Bob Wrote: I heard one player say they don't play on LLJK1 because it has motivations.

Heaven forbid you have to keep yourself well fed.

Like every god damn server out there that isn't 2.
(06-16-2017, 10:22 AM)Bob Wrote: I heard one player say they don't play on LLJK1 because it has motivations.

You can spend an entire round without even touching your motives
(06-12-2017, 04:57 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I do think that the game is inherently fine it's interactions with other players that make or break the game. I support this with years of playing and either laughing my butt off or having to do breathing exercises so I don't get angry depending on how the crew were that round.

I feel like the problem with blaming players for the game would be that you would have to blame yourself as well.
That's reasonable if you ignore the fact that some people are capable of being terrible without anyone else's help.
I don't know what you mean. Could you be a little more verbose?
Some people play with the intention of causing grief. There are also miscreant roles that encourage mischievous behavior and antagonizing others. You can have a sunny disposition but if someone is griefing you, that will get frustrating eventually.
I'm trying desperately to understand what Bob is confused about and what his opinions are but each new post he makes only confuses me further.
I am not unconvinced that he is some form of internet algorithm gained sentiance.
Big Grin 
(06-22-2017, 07:45 AM)Sundance Wrote: I am not unconvinced that he is some form of internet algorithm gained sentiance.

headsurgeon is that you
I'm trying my best to be nice and converse with him but it's very difficult. Thank you for letting me know that it isn't just me who finds his train of thought difficult to follow.
So I think what would cool would to do is incentivize not killing people by giving them special objectives and get rid of ones that incentivize boring murder methods
For instance
Run a blood drive
Make sure x survives( normal people could have this objective so people make sure people get cloned and such)
Make sure at least half of x job survives
Have everyone you killed cloned
End the round with more cyborgs than cloned people
Put x's brain in a cyborg
Clone a person with the brain of [silcon player]
Give x food poisoning
Have x end the round incapacitated
I'm not sure if you have to figure that out, or if I am responsible for anything [like that]. What does a forum do anyway? The thing I was trying to get to eventually about the game is that you do provide the playing-field for the terrible people to act upon you. You help them by being their victim. If you played in one way or another, you may find a way to make it so the terrible thing doesn't occur, and thereby not allowing the terrible people to become terrible. And you have to blame yourself because maybe the other players may not see the way you play as completely enjoyable either, and seeing things from a third perspective for a second can be helpful in some ways in some things, sometimes. Maybe. Whatever you think. It's fine. Thanks.

[Let's say I'm confused as well, but I think .] [And maybe I do think I may be responsible, because I am giving this answer.] [And maybe I'm not on a train.]
(06-26-2017, 05:26 PM)Bob Wrote: What does a forum do anyway?

Psyduck head explosion

(06-26-2017, 05:26 PM)Bob Wrote: The thing I was trying to get to eventually about the game is that you do provide the playing-field for the terrible people to act upon you. You help them by being their victim. If you played in one way or another, you may find a way to make it so the terrible thing doesn't occur, and thereby not allowing the terrible people to become terrible. And you have to blame yourself because maybe the other players may not see the way you play as completely enjoyable either, and seeing things from a third perspective for a second can be helpful in some ways in some things, sometimes. Maybe. Whatever you think. It's fine. Thanks.
Bob... there are just so many things wrong with this line of thinking. Where do I even begin? How about a little pretend scenario?

Let's say we have a man. We'll call him Bob. Bob is riding on the train minding his own business. Maybe he's just typing away on his phone, writing nearly incomprehensible posts on some fart simulator forum. Along comes some other man who suddenly shoots Bob and starts stripping him of his clothes and farting on his face while spouting slurs and other nonsense.

[sarcasm]Guess Bob shouldn't have played the victim. Guess that's Bob's fault for minding his own business. Guess Bob has no one to blame but himself.[/sarcasm]

Do you see why your statement was garbage now? Don't blame the victim, Bob. The fault lies in the person whose actions made the person a victim. Once again, you've baffled me.
Well if bob was "minding his own business" by doing his own thing whilst ignoring the requests/cries for help from other passengers, then complaining in deadchat that no one bothered stopping the guy, it makes sense.
Alright, people, this isn't a discussion about LLJK1, this is just posting about posting at this point.

Get back on topic, please.