Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reinvigorate mining
we need more mobs for mining. currently there is literally only rockworms which are lame and broken also. fermids can be a thing again
I like the idea of more automation and some sorting machines fed by belts and whatnot.
I'll admit to getting all giddy when I found out the buddy factory actually worked. Glad I never picked up factorio.
(04-04-2017, 07:44 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I'll admit to getting all giddy when I found out the buddy factory actually worked. Glad I never picked up factorio.

Wait, WHAT? IT DOES?
Yep. It mostly just looks cool and saves you a few clicks. Could be beneficial to mass-buddy antags, but I've never felt like weaponizing it.
Sad 
(04-04-2017, 07:44 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I'll admit to getting all giddy when I found out the buddy factory actually worked. Glad I never picked up factorio.

ive never fixed it but ive seen it done, good shit. hard to get the parts though.

factorio is insanely fun and luckily i should be getting it some time this week so goodbye forever aha
Bring back digbots/asteroid harvesting rigs when????
hmmm

although the old harvesting rigs would give a player cause to revisit the debris field to hook it to the dense 'roids they could find there, fight drones and etc in the process and to keep the rig safe, it also risks feeding back into the highly automated nature that we are critical of mining having become with pods.

and digbots, they dug so slow and only broke basic stone, anything harder was too tough for them. they would need to be upgradeable to be worth a damn. and then they again proceed to re-automate mining again. maybe rockworms could try to eat digbots to munch up those tasty refined minerals theyre made of in exchange
itd be neat if drones themselves if destroyed would yield in some valuable materials rather than useless electronics components so you'd have incentive to fight rather than just teleport away like 99.999999999999% of people do
(04-07-2017, 03:57 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: itd be neat if drones themselves if destroyed would yield in some valuable materials rather than useless electronics components so you'd have incentive to fight rather than just teleport away like 99.999999999999% of people do

Yeah, right now the nanobot swarms just drop drone part shit aka worthless. They do drop iridium alloy and carbon nanofibers though, both materials I don't know how to get anywhere else?? so
(04-07-2017, 09:27 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 03:57 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: itd be neat if drones themselves if destroyed would yield in some valuable materials rather than useless electronics components so you'd have incentive to fight rather than just teleport away like 99.999999999999% of people do

Yeah, right now the nanobot swarms just drop drone part shit aka worthless. They do drop iridium alloy and carbon nanofibers though, both materials I don't know how to get anywhere else?? so
Er, I think they were talking about the Synndicate Drones in the 'field.
(04-08-2017, 10:01 AM)Crazyabe Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 09:27 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

Er, I think they were talking about the Synndicate Drones in the 'field.

oh well my point still stands because both of their drop tables are the same and both are garbage