Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mining has lots of broken things
hello so i noticed several problems with mining

manufacturers are screwed up, i.e. attempting to make a uqill extractor drill upgrade that requires 3 uqill doesn't work with only uqill in the manufacturer, it requires some other ore i haven't determined yet to be in place (and it's not one of the 3 starting ores)

not only that but it also doesn't even consume the uqill when it's made so that's obviously horribly broken

second thing is erebite is basically impossible to find, you are super lucky if you find 2 erebite in a whole round and you need 5 for gloves

third is somebody broke cerenkite and plasmastone unmined tiles by reversing the code, cerenkite now explodes and plasmastone is radioactive, mined cerenkite ore is bugged but appears to be inconsistently radioactive and plasmastone ore burns but i haven't observed it exploding

fourth thing is more of a question but why is it only 3 people can start as miners when there's 6 beds and lockers on the mining station? people can join as miners the moment the round starts when they join but even with 6 people trying to be a miner at round start only 3 get the job
Making pods in mining is genuinely an unfun experience, especially if there isn't any quartermaster available to help. You can put in a good effort in getting Molitz, Mauxite, Pharosium and all the other shiney metals for your slightly decked out pod but you need to make several trips to the station when it comes down to building it, since unlike any other manufacturer on the station you cannot make Wire with the Pharosium, you can't make Glass with the Molitz and there is absolutely no toolbox on the mining station.

Sure, let the miner go out of mining and grab themselves something to make the pod with such as a toolbox, but when they already put the effort in to getting the materials for it just toss them a bone and let them manufacture building material.
Nautilus Wrote:Sure, let the miner go out of mining and grab themselves something to make the pod with such as a toolbox, but when they already put the effort in to getting the materials for it just toss them a bone and let them manufacture building material.

There aren't any damn toolboxes out there? Oof. I'll look into the manufacturer issues for the rigs, also gonna add a general manufacturer and some toolboxes out there shortly.
okay well upon further experimentation and a random bomb that set off plasmastone i was throwing around i have determined that plasmastone does cause 3x3 explosions soon after catching fire, but they don't cause hull breaches like pda bombs so unless plasmastone is buffed no more chain explosion traitor gimmicks like with erebite on donut 2 *cry

Cogwerks Wrote:There aren't any damn toolboxes out there? Oof. I'll look into the manufacturer issues for the rigs, also gonna add a general manufacturer and some toolboxes out there shortly.

a true heroe
Rhydic Wrote:not only that but it also doesn't even consume the uqill when it's made so that's obviously horribly broken

I found out it consumes Bohrum instead. You can make 1 Uqill Extractor Upgrade with 3 Bohrum.

Also you can't deactivate teleportation if you once install the Teleportation Upgrade into a rig and choose a location. It's a pitty because dare you using those rigs again on dense cerenkite asteroids.