Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make acetone dissolve fingerprints!
Acetone is a solvent or some shit I can't remember, that is used for cleaning, mainly. I have played many of the video games where acetone can remove fingerprints to help hide crime. I just tried using a spray bottle of acetone to remove my fingerprints from various objects, and it doesn't work! I feel this wouldn't get run into the ground cause no one cares enough, mostly, to either hide their prints or to check for prints, but it would be a really nice touch for higher-pop rounds, and RP. (especially powersinks)
I've got a similar idea where it could be possible to remove your fingerprints from your hands via an acid. Attempting to do so would hurt like hell and make you scream as well as provide an red, obvious message like '<NAME> stuck their fingers into the acid! Holy shit!', and thus make you very suspicious if anyone catches you doing it.
I believe space cleaner can remove prints, along with blood and anything else dripping off the thing.

I'd also say that replacing your arms with robot arms should either change or remove your fingerprints. Maybe needing to emag the arms into not having fingerprints would work better.
fingerprinting is an archaic guesswork method of evidence gathering that is routinely tampered with and used incorrectly even by so-called experts. any number of environmental and chemical factors could fuck with them. luckily we have space science to help smooth this over

frankly i rarely see fingerprinting used to significant effect ingame and thus do not see much purpose in having more methods to circumvent it
i saw you trying to do this. too bad it doesn't work!

this made me think that we should be able to use a victim's arm to create fake forensics data. or maybe you already can. not like i test anything!
The space science thing is an interesting thought-I dunno if it works like this in real life or not(IIRC I think it does and feel too lazy to check right now), but I seem to recall that burned fingers still leave a sort of a print, just not one you can easily trace to a person.

So you basically could have an UNKNOWN/INCONCLUSIVE big red "THIS GUY USED ACETONE" print, similar to acid-face Unknowns.

This leads to the idea of, say, a guy acid beakering faces and acetoning people's hands with a beaker and then claiming to be one of his own victims, which is SS13 as hell, while still not really making it easy to sidestep the hell out of fingerprints.
(03-11-2017, 09:43 AM)misto Wrote: fingerprinting is an archaic guesswork method of evidence gathering that is routinely tampered with and used incorrectly even by so-called experts. any number of environmental and chemical factors could fuck with them. luckily we have space science to help smooth this over

frankly i rarely see fingerprinting used to significant effect ingame and thus do not see much purpose in having more methods to circumvent it

I try to use fingerprints any time I'm security. I find them to be very helpful.
Space cleaner removes prints. This is unnecessary.
(03-16-2017, 12:41 PM)cgrn10 Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 09:43 AM)misto Wrote: fingerprinting is an archaic guesswork method of evidence gathering that is routinely tampered with and used incorrectly even by so-called experts. any number of environmental and chemical factors could fuck with them. luckily we have space science to help smooth this over

I try to use fingerprints any time I'm security. I find them to be very helpful.

Likewise. I was able to catch a criminal yesterday thanks to fingerprints. On LLJK 1, I have often used fingerprints on items as evidence during trials.
then space cleaner shouldnt be able to remove fingerprints, but acetone should, because why does lube do it
(space cleaner and space lube are two different things)