Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Darkchis is pretty shit
Sorry, a description of my complaint won't fit into the Subject.

I was HoP and was changing IDs when a clown broke in and stole my ID. I called out over radio, nobody in Sec responded, so I went chasing the clown with a toolbox but on my way there I saw the Captain. I asked the Captain to replace my ID. He didn't respond. I follow the captain anyway, in hopes he'll perk up. He's going to the bridge! Hooray! He's heard my pleas! We go into Customs. He shoots me with the stun gun.

What?

I remind him that I'm the HoP. He stuns me again.

What?

He drags me out of Customs. He leaves me outside, unconscious. If he were an antag, he'd have killed me, so I figure he's just an idiot and I'm out of options. So I ahelp.

Hoo boy, was that the wrong decision.

Me: I was doing my job (changing IDs) and the clown broke in and stole my ID, and now the Captian is tazering me. Please help on either count.

Darkchis: Those both sound like something security should deal with, or the captain.

Me: Well the Captain was the one tazing me for being in the bridge, so I'd appreciate some help in that area

Darkchis: I spoke to him. He didn't know you were the HoP. And it looks like he just used tasers, which are 100% harmless.

Me: Tell him to learn how to do his job, then. He incapped me, checking the manifest isn't rocket science.

Darkchis: Again, taser shots are harmless, and he stopped shooting you now, didn't he? If he used harmful means, that'd be different.

Me: You don't care, 100% heard and understood. It's gonna be one of these nights, I guess.

Darkchis: Please explain to me which rule he broke by stunning you.

Okay, so this Darkchis is being obtuse, that much is clear. Either make the Captain do his job or just give me a new ID, I don't give a shit, but don't leave me sitting outside Bridge twiddling my thumbs with no ID and nothing to do because the Clown decided it would be fun to be shitty and the Captain can't do his job or, apparently, type. So here I am, with the option to either accept that Darkchis is another failed avenue and try to at least do *something* with my round, or get in an argument that isn't going to get anywhere because Darkchis has already decided that he's not going to do anything.

Darkchis: I'm waiting.

Obviously writing him off as  failure wasn't enough for Darkchis. He can't let sleeping dogs lie. He needs a response. He needs his failure validated. So I respond.

Me: I could not possibly care less about your waiting. My ID was stolen and, upong explaining this to the captain, he *tasered me*.

Typo intact from when I said it. So Darkchis teleports me into space. Salty! He teleports me back before I pass out, to be fair, but it's still ridiculous.

So to be short, I Ahelped, and Darkchis not only didn't very much help me, but got mad that I wanted help in the first place and teleported me outside. Seems like the sort of thing someone should know about. Thanks!

Oh, and:

Admin name: Darkchis
Server: LLJK2
Date/Time: ~12:30 AM EST, 3/16

Sorry I didn't include this in my first post. Cheers!
Hi, I was the clown that round, and I explicitly told you Multiple times that I gave your ID to the Chef, whom (I Believe) would have returned it had you asked, while you were threatening to beat my head in with a toolbox and telling me to Return it to you. had that option been tried and Failed to yield results I would have made you a new ID with the All access ID I made using yours.
The captain didn't break any rules by tasering you, so there wasn't exactly anything Darkchis could do to help you. Your being snide is what got you spaced.
I spoke to both the clown and the captain about the incident. I told the clown to be more careful in the future about doing things that could be bad for other people's rounds, but the logs didn't show him hitting you or doing anything else so I figured I'd leave it for security or someone ingame to deal with.

Talking with the captain showed he didn't know you were the HoP, as he stated himself, and the fact he tased you and dragged you outside of an area that you had no access to at the moment is absolutely fine, he didn't have the obligation to check the crew manifest and make you a new ID, but he didn't grief you or anything. I'd still very much like you to tell me which rule he broke by stunning you.

I spaced you for what I believe was close to 3 seconds due to the fact you seem to have a huge attitude problem, as your notes have registered in the past, and can't seem to understand you're not entitled to having everything that happens to you be dealt with in the ways you consider they should be handled.

If any other admins would like to chime in, they are very much welcome to do so.
Abe: I asked the chef for my ID back, she laughed and pointed at me. You still stole my ID. Not the chef. This one's on you, buddy.

Hokie: I didn't want anything done about the captain, I wanted an ID so that I'd not have less access than a Staff Assistant. The Clown is the only one who should have been dealt with by admin intervention, if anyone.

Darkchis: Never said the captain broke a rule, wanted you to either talk to the captain or talk to the clown. That's all I wanted and I think that's clear. You spaced me in response. If you think you deserve some lenience here whatever, but at the end of the day you didn't do your job and spaced me because you didn't *want* to do your job. Innocence is an island you won't find footing on.

Wonk: This is admittedly not my first negative interaction with the admins, but it's the first that bothered me so much that I registered on the offsite to register a point about it. Regardless, I don't see how my previous negative interactions with admins have any bearing here, and even if they do, I don't see how they excuse Darkchis not being willing to help and then spacing me because he'd rather do that than help. Defending this behavior isn't going to encourage me or anyone else to be a better player. What should I do next time? Robust the fucking clown when he breaks into Customs?

Also worth noting that I apologized for that last one before I was banned and was new at the time. Bringing it up here is nothing more than desperately grasping at straws to justify Darkchis' poor choice of actions.
(03-16-2017, 04:13 PM)Umlat_Fiasco Wrote: wanted you to either talk to the captain or talk to the clown. That's all I wanted and I think that's clear.

Quote:I spoke to both the clown and the captain about the incident. I told the clown to be more careful in the future about doing things that could be bad for other people's rounds, but the logs didn't show him hitting you or doing anything else so I figured I'd leave it for security or someone ingame to deal with.

Talking with the captain showed he didn't know you were the HoP, as he stated himself, and the fact he tased you and dragged you outside of an area that you had no access to at the moment is absolutely fine, he didn't have the obligation to check the crew manifest and make you a new ID, but he didn't grief you or anything. I'd still very much like you to tell me which rule he broke by stunning you.

As said in my previous post right there, I spoke to both of them. Again, this really only shows how entitled you are to just wanting things to be done the way you wish them to be. You are not entitled to me telling you how each conversation went regarding the incident, or to giving you an ID you lost during the round. How exactly did I "not do my job"?
I don't see how it's entitled to be the HoP and changing IDs, literally doing what I'm supposed to do, and the clown hacks a door, runs in, steals my ID and destroys it, and I ask for another ID. I didn't even necessarily want another HoP ID, just an ID that had more access than "none". We were less than five minutes into the round, I was doing my job, and through no fault of my own my ID goes missing. If I had toolboxed the clown for breaking into Customs you'd probably be upset too.

Look, man, a clown ruined my round and all I asked you to do was slightly un-ruin it for me. You teleported me into space with no explanation. This is a stupid argument. The whole idea of this argument is stupid from the ground up. All I wanted to do was get an ID so I didn't have to sit around in the hallways doing nothing for the next 50 minutes. Your response was to teleport me into space. Do you really think you're in the right here? Do you really think this is justified?

Like where, specifically, do you think I went wrong? Being unhappy at being locked in a hallway with no ID? Trying to get another one? What did I do that justified teleporting me into space?
Wasn't everything you wanted for those two people to be talked to? Which was done, and if you really want to get there I can get the logs of both conversations regarding the incident.

As I said when our conversation began, ID theft is generally an issue security should deal with. Something that should be dealt with in-game, which I told you.

If being put in space for three seconds due to you disregarding what I was saying and instead deciding I was being shit was the big important part of this complaint, I will offer you my most sincere apologies.
Sec was unresponsive. As was captain. I called out that my ID had been stolen over radio to no response. Honestly now that the round is over there's not much that I want, but it ended up being a very shitty and short round for me, and I attribute that to you.

Thanks for the apology.
Adminhelp is for things that break the rules, asking for clarification on rules, and bug reports. It's not for requests to replace stolen shit.  Theft is in-game security's job to deal with, not the admins.  If you can't think of a single thing to do other than stand around and be mad your ID is gone, that's not our problem, it's security's and your own.  Talk to security, not ahelp.  Also, having no ID is inconvenient but it's not the end of the world.  Learn to roll with shit better.

We're going to consider your notes when it comes to dealing with you, especially ones that aren't even a month old.  If you're gunna sit there and get pissy in ahelp that we're not giving you the thing you want after an admin tells you that's not our job, don't be surprised if an admin teleports you into space for a moment.

Update:

Quote:[LLJK US 2] ADMINHELP (Umlat_Fiasco/Chance Draudy): You're seriously going to make me register at a shitty offsite so that I can get you stripped of admin?

Cackling Aloud With Gusto Cackling Aloud With Gusto Cackling Aloud With Gusto Cackling Aloud With Gusto Cackling Aloud With Gusto
[LLJK US 2] ADMINHELP (U​mlat_Fiasco/Chance Draudy): You're seriously going to make me register at a shitty offsite so that I can get you stripped of admin?

Hey there, manager here, checking the logs, you were being a rude sack of shit and he did in fact talk to the players to see what was going on. I dunno where you get off being so rude but yeah, I don't think Darkchis is going anywhere.
darkcheese has bbeen sacked. please have a nice day

No but seriously did you think you were going to get anywhere by being rude as fuck to the people who decide if something was bad or not?

Also re: [LLJK US 2] ADMINHELP (Umlat_Fiasco/Chance Draudy): You're seriously going to make me register at a shitty offsite so that I can get you stripped of admin?
what does this do?
Actually, he's good.
FUcking really?
As the saying goes, if you meet one asshole you met an asshole, if everyone's an asshole maybe you're the asshole.