Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Tooltips are grumpy
A number of people, myself included, are having an issue where the tooltips for an item sometimes don't clear after you move your mouse pointer. I have no idea why this is but it's kind of a pain. You can work around this by hovering your cursor over an item and leaving it there for a little while (like half a second I think) and then the tooltip clears properly.
I apparently introduced a race condition with showing/hiding with the changes I did today. Good news: I have a reasonable idea of how to fix it. Slightly less good news: you're going to have to wait until tomorrow for a fix because I'm about to enter a coma.

Edit: technical information mostly for my future-self benefit:
I implemented a system that waits for any images contained within a tooltip to fully load before calculating the size and position data, which in turn calls the "show this thang" function. Because of this callback nature, tooltips can be shown/hidden during the image load process if the user hovers over shit fast enough, which will end up calling the show function out of order.

This also apparently breaks the mouseover event for fallback hiding for some unknown reason. Ho hum.
This shooould be fixed now (it's hard to test race conditions affected by network latency on a local server ok) but give it a cache clear and a few hours from this post before complaining about any regressions please. After that we can see if it's solved fo' reals.
Also tell me if they're actually working now please.
Looks fixed now, thanks.
Side Note: One can set the tooltips to appear only when holding ALT! It's in the Character Setup menu and saved my fragile mind.
(03-16-2017, 10:25 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Side Note: One can set the tooltips to appear only when holding ALT! It's in the Character Setup menu and saved my fragile mind.

should honestly be the default tbh