Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Ghost Observe Function
I was a ghost and clicking around on objects at random. I clicked Medsal to observe him and found myself stuck. My sprite stopped its floating animation and I couldn't type or move. I didn't move inside Medsal's character and reconnecting didn't fix the issue. When I reconnected, here's what I saw:

[Image: NZuFkGW.png]

My game wasn't frozen, as the chat was still filling with conversations going on around me and I was supposedly observing Medsal. You'll also notice my ghost tab disappeared...  Completely shutting down byond and restarting everything let me see again.

shrug

PS: The function to right click someone's name and observe them doesn't work either.
I Thought Clicking someone's name being a thing was a joke, Because it's never worked for me.
(03-11-2017, 04:34 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I Thought Clicking someone's name being a thing was a joke, Because it's never worked for me.

It works for AIs, but I didn't even know it existed for ghosts.
I'm assuming the right click menu is just a limited admin menu given to ghosts with observe and teleport to as options. It didn't work when I tried it a week or so ago. It got taken down afterwards, and now it's back up? I assume it's a coder testing something.

On the bug, I had something similar happen before. In my case, it was okay when I booted - by observing somebody actually made my screen stop updating. It was click-to-observe as well.
(03-11-2017, 04:38 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 04:34 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I Thought Clicking someone's name being a thing was a joke, Because it's never worked for me.

It works for AIs, but I didn't even know it existed for ghosts.

different thing for ais, its like a big ol' hyperlink, but for ghosts you right click a name, but the buttons dont work. Also, observing people sometimes just makes you stop floating apparently