Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
(06-11-2017, 04:25 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Not nearly as bad as old shocking touch. That just killed you no matter what. It's arguably as bad as old cluwning, but most people would rather be a cool animal than cluwne the whole round.

My main problem with it lies in it's capacity for cheese. Polymorph should largely be a griff spell, not a 'kill something quickly' spell.

When combining it with something like fireball or the cthulhu staff its the eqivalent of Rathen's secret + shocking grasp. Had a wizard round where the wizard just went around polymorphing people out of phase shift and then immediately casting fireball, killing them instantly.
(06-11-2017, 03:00 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: In 5E D&D, Polymorph only lasts until either the caster is stunned or an hour afterwards.

also aren't we all going off of like 'greater polymorph'. I swear I remember there being like a 10 minute version
If the wiki is right (it's probably not, but whatevs), then in the same time it takes your next polymorph spell to be ready you could do one of these:

- Make 1.5 cluwnes; 3(1/2), hopefully.

- Summon 3 golems
- Ass blast 3 USAs
- Teleport 4 times
- Doppel 6 gangers

- Live 120 seconds of a geneticist's wet dream
- Build 18 trumps that last 30 seconds each
- Cast magic missiles into the darkness 9 times.
- Fire 9 balls.

Suffice to say, there's better power moves than stun, polymorph, smash. I'm not against polymorph being reversible, but take it too far and it'll need a cooldown reduction. Thanks to similar, as mentioned above, cluwning is basically a handicap spell these days. Especially with our bizarro cluwne-loving populace, the sick fucks.
Yes, and all of those are avoidable or reversible, aside from fireball gibbing in which case it would be easier to just polymorph them.

(06-11-2017, 06:52 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Especially with our bizarro cluwne-loving populace, the sick fucks.

I resent this.