Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
(03-20-2017, 03:38 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: you are pretty much free to kill anyone who attacks you without consequence.

I'm fairly certain that's not the case. I'm not an admin though, so don't quote me on that.
(03-20-2017, 03:42 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 03:38 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: you are pretty much free to kill anyone who attacks you without consequence.

I'm fairly certain that's not the case. I'm not an admin though, so don't quote me on that.

If you take into account that pretty much anyone who attacks you is going to be trying to kill you it's reasonable to argue that it's self defense.
When I Encounter Cluwnes I "Cure" them by Hacking their Brains out and borging them, can't do that to Polymorphed People.

Really, the Negative effects of being Cluwne'd needs to be increased to a Similar level as being Turned into a small animal(Seeing As how Q-Clown, Q-Cluwne, and Q-Ice spiders as well as space arachnids are basically humans with more arms) While making them Comically Useless at Suicide.
How about if you've been TFed into an animal you eventually go back to human

like that guy in the monty python movie said, "I was a newt but I got better welcome to the monty python movie"
(03-20-2017, 03:42 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I faintly remember seeing a admin saying it was okay to kill in self defense as a cluwne. In any case adminhelp it next time you're a cluwne to be sure.

(03-19-2017, 10:23 AM)69andahalf Wrote: At this point Polymorph is basically pre-nerf Shocking Touch, where you can just teleport to someone, magic missile them, and remove them from the game instantly. Sure you can technically run around the station as a critter, but you're going to end up dead sooner or later as they're so weak. IMO it should be a temporary transformation, but I doubt that'll slide with most people.

This is a pretty great post by the way.
(03-20-2017, 08:23 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 10:23 AM)69andahalf Wrote: At this point Polymorph is basically pre-nerf Shocking Touch, where you can just teleport to someone, magic missile them, and remove them from the game instantly. Sure you can technically run around the station as a critter, but you're going to end up dead sooner or later as they're so weak. IMO it should be a temporary transformation, but I doubt that'll slide with most people.

Temporary transformations defeat the whole point of the spell though.
(03-20-2017, 08:37 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I was talking about the first sentence. As I think comparing it to pre-nerf shocking touch is a good comparison. I think it comes down to this. It's a neat spell idea but we've got to ask ourselves is it fun for the wizard? Is it fun for the players? Then ask which question matters more. I'm of the viewpoint that a antag does not and should not have to care about the other player's fun. Do I think the spell is annoying? Hell yeah I do. I don't really have a answer to this issue I'm more or less rambling.
(03-20-2017, 08:48 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 08:37 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

I was talking about the first sentence. As I think comparing it to pre-nerf shocking touch is a good comparison. I think it comes down to this. It's a neat spell idea but we've got to ask ourselves is it fun for the wizard? Is it fun for the players? then ask which question matters more. I'm of the viewpoint that a antag does not and should not have to care about the other player's fun. Do I think the spell is annoying? Hell yeah I do. I don't really have a answer to this issue I'm more or less rambling.

I fucking love the spell as both a wizard AND a player. Turning into an undying possum when the wizard tries to take you out is incredibly hilarious.
Fair enough I can't deny the humor one can find in situations like those.
If anything, make it so the spell sometimes turns people into something more powerful like wendigos and spider queens happen more so it's potential to backfire on the wizards happens more
(03-20-2017, 09:11 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: If anything, make it so the spell sometimes turns people into something more powerful like wendigos and spider queens happen more so it's potential to backfire on the wizards happens more

I REALLY like this idea.
Eh? I once got lasered to death by a cluwne defending itself. Even if it were illegal for them to defend themselves, I still wouldn't have ahelped it out of shame.

If a cluwne actually wants to *shudder* live, then they should defend themselves. There's no rule on it, [yes I realize this statement has problems] so there's no rule against it. Just use common sense, as if you were human. That is, try to follow the proper chain of retaliation and not laser a guy to death because he punched you once.
I don't think a time limit would defeat the purpose of the spell, if the time limit was long enough. Fifteen to twenty minutes as a space rat does a decent job of being properly inconvenient and gets a guy out of the wizard's way for a good length of time, for instance. Quite a lot of people can only spare enough time for one round a day or so, spending about half of it as an animal is punishment enough.
(03-20-2017, 09:11 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: If anything, make it so the spell sometimes turns people into something more powerful like wendigos and spider queens happen more so it's potential to backfire on the wizards happens more

That actually sounds hilarious.
Also, I agree that the time limit would work with sufficient length. Being trapped literally forever =/= being trapped long enough for the wizard.

I want a wizard to accidentally turn someone into the overbee.