Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add a way to undo polymorph
(03-18-2017, 08:42 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: wisard

bro i told you it's wizard with a z
regional Dialect Differences, its Spelled with an S where I am and most AI's Accept them as being the same.
At this point Polymorph is basically pre-nerf Shocking Touch, where you can just teleport to someone, magic missile them, and remove them from the game instantly. Sure you can technically run around the station as a critter, but you're going to end up dead sooner or later as they're so weak. IMO it should be a temporary transformation, but I doubt that'll slide with most people.
(03-19-2017, 09:30 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: regional Dialect Differences, its Spelled with an S where I am and most AI's Accept them as being the same.

minor derail: i'm curious now! Do you still have the (well, English) "z" sound or is it softer?

back on topic:

I'd strongly disagree that being critterfied is removing you from the game entirely. It's not nearly as debilitating as a cluwne in most cases, with some rarer RNG unfortunate cases. Making it a long-lasting but temporary transformation ala cluwning might be a better way to go.
Personally I think polymorph is really great right now.

It's like old shocking grasp but way more fun since you don't actually die from it.

The one thing I'm curious about is what happens if you splash strange reagent on a deceased polymorphed player. Normally strange reagent will resurrect a dead critter, but how does that work if the critter is supposed to be controlled by an actual player? Does it revive the player back into that body or does it just bring the critter back as an NPC?
(03-20-2017, 03:47 AM)Cirrial Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 09:30 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: regional Dialect Differences, its Spelled with an S where I am and most AI's Accept them as being the same.

minor derail: i'm curious now! Do you still have the (well, English) "z" sound or is it softer?

back on topic:

I'd strongly disagree that being critterfied is removing you from the game entirely. It's not nearly as debilitating as a cluwne in most cases, with some rarer RNG unfortunate cases. Making it a long-lasting but temporary transformation ala cluwning might be a better way to go.

I'd say cluwnes have it a bit better than birds and spiders. They can still pick up heavy items, wear IDs, survive being smashed in doors, and have a chance to be cured through meds or cloning. You're only (mechanical) drawbacks as a cluwne are the lack of a glove and mask slot, the crippling clumsiness, the noise you make, your non-human status, your inability to speak, and the random tripping into stuns, most of which can be worked around with drugs.
Personally, if people are ever saying "well at least being a cluwne is better than X" it's a sign the cluwnes are having it too good and need to be further fucked up.
I agree with Cirrial; a former slow and painful death sentence has been turned into something almost trivial. What's more, our culture has drastically on the issue -- especially in the last two years. Then a cluwne was hunted down and exterminated, or was used in some horrible experiment. Now a cluwne is treated like a crewmember, and is actively healed or protected. I even once saw a guy mobbed to death by his fellow crewmembers for trying to properly deal with a cluwne.

Okay, you've convinced me. I, whether I'm busy or not, resolve to kill every cluwne I see. My jaded eyes are not excuse enough to cast aside sensible morality and proper etiquette.
A reminder that cluwnes, regardless of origin, are fair game for being openly murdered by literally anyone, including borgs and the AI.
(03-20-2017, 08:39 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: A reminder that cluwnes, regardless of origin, are fair game for being openly murdered by literally anyone, including borgs and the AI.

Yesterday, I was a doctor trying desperately to savee the cluwnes while security sstematically dragged them into the brig and executed them. Summary Execution A high-tension situation that culminated in an explosion, which maimed the security force and killed what few cluwnes remained alive. So much death. So much horror. What fun! Demonology 101
The punishment of cluwne lies in humanity's inhumanity to itself, but years of straightening things up and cracking down on grife have left us with a more tolerant, caring playerbase, thus weakening the curse.

I mean, you could argue that this isn't a bad thing and in fact reflects on perhaps the admin having done a good job, but perhaps this requires making cluwne not so much more annoying but even more of a liability.

Let's see how long they last when they start causing actual problems by existing. When they leave a smeared greasy trail wherever they go that slips all in their wake. When they vomit forth banana peels all over a room. When they stumble people over into glass tables. When they send people deaf even faster than before just with their presence alone. When their mask splits into two and a cluwnespider grows feet, stuttering off into the distant murky realms of maintenance for corpses to drain dry. When their sparkling multicoloured blood instills madness in the hearts of men who gaze upon the oil slick shifting colours upon its surface, forming pagliaccian horrors who remain separated from us for now but so close so thin so very very close and the veil is so fragile and the cthonic honks are getting louder

Besides, you can still clone them if they're dead.
(03-20-2017, 09:37 AM)Cirrial Wrote: The punishment of cluwne lies in humanity's inhumanity to itself, but years of straightening things up and cracking down on grife have left us with a more tolerant, caring playerbase, thus weakening the curse.

I mean, you could argue that this isn't a bad thing and in fact reflects on perhaps the admin having done a good job, but perhaps this requires making cluwne not so much more annoying but even more of a liability.

Let's see how long they last when they start causing actual problems by existing. When they leave a smeared greasy trail wherever they go that slips all in their wake. When they vomit forth banana peels all over a room. When they stumble people over into glass tables. When they send people deaf even faster than before just with their presence alone. When their mask splits into two and a cluwnespider grows feet, stuttering off into the distant murky realms of maintenance for corpses to drain dry. When their sparkling multicoloured blood instills madness in the hearts of men who gaze upon the oil slick shifting colours upon its surface, forming pagliaccian horrors who remain separated from us for now but so close so thin so very very close and the veil is so fragile and the cthonic honks are getting louder

:eyepop:
(03-20-2017, 09:37 AM)Cirrial Wrote: The punishment of cluwne lies in humanity's inhumanity to itself, but years of straightening things up and cracking down on grife have left us with a more tolerant, caring playerbase, thus weakening the curse.

Make em radioactive
(03-20-2017, 12:55 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 09:37 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Suggests a thing

Make em radioactive

I think that statement can be posted into any suggestion thread ever and it will fit right in.
I'd argue that cluwnes have it easier than clowns. Cursed clown shoes dont trip you like normal ones, you keep access to your old job and you are pretty much free to kill anyone who attacks you without consequence.