Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
ok don't nerf kudzu but change it a bit
This stuff definitely needs to be slowed down or something because it is impossible to keep up with how fast it grows right now.  I've burnt whole hallways and had it re-infested in seconds, please fix this!
Kudzu is almost entirely harmless. Unless something has changed recently it is a simple problem to overcome by way of either containing it at certain points or just letting it grow out. Then hack and slash through the fully grown dense stuff since new kudzu does not grow from that.

Don't nerf kudzu - it's plenty weak as it is.
(03-09-2017, 05:05 AM)Erev Wrote: Kudzu is almost entirely harmless.

I think that's the gist of it. It has a high TC cost and is mostly harmless. My only gripe is that the sprite can be hard to hit with wirecutters. Even then it's just because my small screen size, bad eyes and bad mouse.
The issue with kudzu arises from crew apathy. It's easy to control without resorting to plasma fires if you either know what you're doing or have a couple people helping you out.
I used kudzu on the station last night and the crew was able to completely erradicate it in seconds! Granted it was thanks to Bobcat nuking the entire south east half of the station but MY POINT STILL STANDS.
(03-09-2017, 06:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: The issue with kudzu arises from crew apathy. It's easy to control without resorting to plasma fires if you either know what you're doing or have a couple people helping you out.
Oddly, this suggestion was posted halfway through a round in which I ordered and planted a kudzu seed and strikes me as just another kneejerk reaction to one more traitor associated means of destroying the station. So, to address that round specifically, as these lesson pertain to all kudzu-including rounds:

- No one noticed the kudzu for at least 10 minutes. In this respect, kudzu is similar to a Blob, catching them early is key.
 - There was just one guy actively trying to destroy the kudzu and I blew up a fuel tank on him, setting him on fire, depressurizing the area, making it extremely difficult for anyone without a spacesuit to work on killing the kudzu effectively and only killing a small amount of the kudzu in the explosion. Three people working together early on would have made this extremely easy.
 - There was no AI to report on the kudzu or its status, or to observe me facilitating its spread.
 - I also set up a powersink, further limiting vision of the kudzu spread and shifting general station concern to other matters.
My one annoyance is that it grows straight through bolted/welded doors. That's about it, really.
(03-09-2017, 06:26 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: The issue with kudzu arises from crew apathy. It's easy to control without resorting to plasma fires if you either know what you're doing or have a couple people helping you out.

This is false, I've seen whole swaths of the crew working on getting rid of it to no avail.  The only way to stop kudzu is to catch it just as it is starting, otherwise it's gonna be a guaranteed shuttle call as nobody can get anything done anymore.  You can repair hull breaches just fine, but kudzu ensures a shuttle call
There was a kudzu outbreak just a couple rounds ago, one guy with a flamethrower and a borg with a chainsaw cleared it up just fine.
That is so weird. Every round I've seen kudzu in even a dedicated effort can't stop it. Is this some coding quirk or something?
For thematic purposes, it might be worthwhile to include some interaction with atrazine.

I guess that could count as a nerf.
It's pretty easy to stop kudzu from spreading further. You can just take wirecutters, head to the nearest growth line (areas where the kudzu is growing foward) and keep cutting any kudzu vines that expand foward, keeping the kudzu it's expanding from alive until it grows into 'dense' kudzu, which kudzu cannot grow off of. Rinse and repeat with any and all growth lines you can find, and then you can just roll into it with flamethrowers.
Since Kudzu is apparently weak, why not buff it? If, say, 4+ people have attacked a kudzu infestation within 3-ish seconds of each other, the Kudzu sprouts a few flower bulbs that gently stab at you, causing minor bleeding and BRUTE damage.
(03-09-2017, 01:27 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: For thematic purposes, it might be worthwhile to include some interaction with atrazine.

I guess that could count as a nerf.

This is good and also the idea about not allowing it through welded/locked doors is good.  I don't know what people are talking about with it being easy to contain or whatever but honestly, we already have weedkiller in the game so why not let us use it???  and if I can't crowbar my way through a door fucking plants shouldn't be able to get through either