Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
Generally, if you Spot a John (Smith/Mac Blackeye) with a red Mohawk you can be pretty Sure it me, Though I only play on two Places, Goon (Because Who here doesn't?) and TG (Lots more options, Psychic mime...)
So I've played a bit on TG and FTL13 lately, and I have to say that Hardsuits are really neat, but they probably don't belong with the style that Goonstation has.
One thing that I've noticed about FTL13, though, is that all head positions, AI, and security are locked to new players until a certain amount of days pass, preventing hit-and-run grief/the wrath of incompetence, and I like this a lot.
Colonial Marines is super fun
pm me the names you guys play under on colonial muhreens and we can start a club
Recently started nerding around on colonial marines, its fun, though its sad that xenos win 2/3 times.
Was on /tg/ before but they got godawful /vg/ lights that lag everything to hell for me. Playing on hippie instead if i want to play on /tg/ codebase. Also, the cyborg sprites/functions/etc are awesome, i wish we had em. The only minus of a cyborg is that they can die from one click, so if you roll out as a secborg your round will probably end in a maintenance tunnel as a MMI. v
The thing that head/ai/captain positions are locked untill X days passes is great, i once was shot into crit with the CMO's gun as he didnt know its that deadly. also i died after that because he only injected saline
I personally feel a bit queasy about TG because an admin there insulted me because I complained about having my plasmaman plasma tank stolen from me inside of the arrivals shuttle by a non-antag staff assitant, throwing me into deepcrit and then making me suffer through 10 minutes of bad medical staff.
(04-18-2017, 05:46 AM)PenguinsMeep Wrote: I personally feel a bit queasy about TG because an admin there insulted me because I complained about having my plasmaman plasma tank stolen from me inside of the arrivals shuttle by a non-antag staff assitant, throwing me into deepcrit and then making me suffer through 10 minutes of bad medical staff.

the admin team on tg is not great
I was gonna try CM but never got around to it.

The others just aren't different enough from goon.

Unless I had a hankerin' fer balls digestion, o'course. Love eyes
recently tried CM. its got a lot of good ideas and mechanics and all the usual aliens universe shit is there plus some extra junk, but GOD is it TOO SLOW PACED
(05-27-2017, 02:24 PM)misto Wrote: recently tried CM. its got a lot of good ideas and mechanics and all the usual aliens universe shit is there plus some extra junk, but GOD is it TOO SLOW PACED

one thing i dont like is despite how supposedly rp heavy it is admins intervene if marines push in too far too quickly
if admins have to step in for something basic like that its a sign of very bad balancing issues. and the aliens are supposed to build a bunch of walls and shit for 20minutes at the start of every round using plasma resource that regens painfully fucking slow? i should bring these complaints to their forums, this could be a much funner game with some tweaks
http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtopi...59&t=13098

heres my suggestion thread for shortening the slow ass start up. consider contributing if you guys have also tried cm and think this is an aspect that needs improvement

what a shame frown they seem to be reacting quite negatively to my good ideas that would improve their game
the responses you got are why i'll never bother playing there
My god, I still don't get what CM's obession with RP is. You make probably the most action oriented mode in all of SS13, then go, "NO! RP ONLY!"
(05-28-2017, 09:59 AM)Mageziya Wrote: My god, I still don't get what CM's obession with RP is. You make probably the most action oriented mode in all of SS13, then go, "NO! RP ONLY!"

Mainly, the fact it'd just turn into power-gaming team deathmatch instantly. I do agree with misto, however that CM is ridiculously slow-paced. It's a problem endemic to any RP-focused server, and it's the main reason I dislike most RP servers. Bay, in particular, I've found to be ridiculously slow-paced, and very restrictive as well. It doesn't really make sense in CM though, when you can spend 20 minutes gearing up and get killed immediately after that.