Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
(03-15-2017, 07:06 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 04:27 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: TG mining is fucking COOL. It's essentially the only codebase where it's an engaging and surprising experience, and the kinds of things you can find. . hoo-whee mama.

It basically plays as a whole other segment of the game, but you're encouraged to contribute to the station because dumping off your ore is the only way to get Good Boy Points that let you buy fun stuff to take with you.

It's like our telescience, but more beneficial to the station as a whole.

One feature I love about /TG/ is the teamwork and cooperation between departments, especially science and mining. Building mecha as a roboticist using resources from mining is pretty cool as well.
(03-14-2017, 09:47 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: I played CM for a bit as an MP and adminhelped a hit-and-run griefer who was shooting everyone in cryo with a pistol.
Instead the admin just marked my ahelp "nonsense" and berated me for carrying lethals when there was no alien on the station.
First off, we were in a condition that said there could possibly be an alien on station and that we should search for it.
Second, MOTHER hadn't done a scan in a while, so for all I know the alien is still on board.
Third, the admin practically IC-OOC'd by deliberately telling me that there was definitely not an alien on board.
So, I dunno. Not really my kind of server I guess.

Number 1 reason why I stop playing on servers, godawful admins.
that mining does sound cool. we dont even meet fermids much anymore these days frown
(03-16-2017, 09:22 AM)misto Wrote: that mining does sound cool. we dont even meet fermids much anymore these days frown

Yeah, pod mining kinda killed most of the dangerous stuff you can run into.
iirc mining is basically 90% 'wow, i wish this cool crafting system had materials, but it requires someone to play a completely inessential and tedious job'.

Did you know you can make colored lights with the nanofabricators by using gem lenses? Gems you will not ever find unless mining feels very, very cooperative and doesn't just sell those gems for cash?
(03-16-2017, 12:54 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: iirc mining is basically 90% 'wow, i wish this cool crafting system had materials, but it requires someone to play a completely inessential and tedious job'.

Did you know you can make colored lights with the nanofabricators by using gem lenses? Gems you will not ever find unless mining feels very, very cooperative and doesn't just sell those gems for cash?

like 70% of miners just throw it at science, assuming you mean tg station.

also the admin staff aren't great on tg, sadly. first time i was ai, i accidently turned off a tesla emitter (tesla being super powerful ball of death lightning) while i was trying to examine the tesla. it was clearly an accident, but i almost immediately got a pm asking why I'd done it. at the time i hadnt even noticed it had happened. i apologized and said i didnt mean to and i didnt notice, dude was like "you have laws to follow, even if you are bored" and like, ????? i clearly didnt mean to???
(03-16-2017, 12:58 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 12:54 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: iirc mining is basically 90% 'wow, i wish this cool crafting system had materials, but it requires someone to play a completely inessential and tedious job'.

like 70% of miners just throw it at science, assuming you mean tg station.

also the admin staff aren't great on tg, sadly. first time i was ai, i accidently turned off a tesla emitter (tesla being super powerful ball of death lightning) while i was trying to examine the tesla. it was clearly an accident, but i almost immediately got a pm asking why I'd done it. at the time i hadnt even noticed it had happened. i apologized and said i didnt mean to and i didnt notice, dude was like "you have laws to follow, even if you are bored" and like, ????? i clearly didnt mean to???

I mean goon's mining, where the crafting is fun-but-inessential, kind of making up for how shit mining is.
Now, TG mining is fun, and the rewards to the rest of the station for doing it are actually pretty good!*

(*Provided you know how to metagame the research thing every single round because if you don't it's tedious shit)

EDIT: However as said I'm not overly fond of TG's player and admin culture at times
I Played a few rounds as Staff assistant on TG yesterday, Spotted Youkcat there as AI, So really it can't be ALL bad.

Though I did have some complaints:
-Not able to use WASD
-ID takes a few attempts to get in PDA
-way too many wires for hacking
-Farting isn't bound to F, but needs to be done manually.
(03-17-2017, 09:48 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: I Played a few rounds as Staff assistant on TG yesterday, Spotted Youkcat there as AI, So really it can't be ALL bad.

Though I did have some complaints:
-Not able to use WASD
-ID takes a few attempts to get in PDA
-way too many wires for hacking
-Farting isn't bound to F, but needs to be done manually.

-you can use WASD on tg just press tab
-no idea why
-there is a lot of them cant argue with that
-i think they used to have farting but its removed because immersion and so on
Really the biggest crime in my opinion on TG is the lack of a scream sound.

However also I should, while discussing TG code, say that FTL13 is a neat concept and I enjoy it a lot.
i played on the ftl server and it was fun

and the next round i got yelled at by an admin as the name 'joseph murderpuppy' incites/advocates the murder of puppies
joseph cannot be held accountable for the deeds of his ancient ancestors
I just recently began to play TG.
I bumped myself quite a bit from Scientist, to AI.
This is because I was AI once in paradise, and AI constantly here.
and holy shit is it different. I feel bad for people when I can't find them because they're on one little spot of blankness and telling me which room, when I don't know map layout.
Luckily, I found out that Specific Cameras actually have a use. I can just teleport to them and not have to know the layout and it's fine.
oh yea, I like the way lasers and shit work on tg. where you click when shooting lasers actually affects stuff. e.g. you click on a window with a laser in hand, the laser will hit the window, you click on the other side, it'll go through. You click someones head, you shoot and if it hits, its in the head.

also lasers are fucking brutal cause the fire rate is way higher than on goon, so you shoot the chest until they fall down, then shoot the head until they die about 5 seconds later
(03-18-2017, 03:47 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: oh yea, I like the way lasers and shit work on tg. where you click when shooting lasers actually affects stuff. e.g. you click on a window with a laser in hand, the laser will hit the window, you click on the other side, it'll go through. You click someones head, you shoot and if it hits, its in the head.

also lasers are fucking brutal cause the fire rate is way higher than on goon, so you shoot the chest until they fall down, then shoot the head until they die about 5 seconds later

That's fucking metal