Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
Deathsquad is an admin event usually used to end rounds that players keep extending, for example when turbonerd wardens pocket all the armoury guns and go on a rampage, and then keep recalling the shuttle.
I'm really enjoying FTLstation when it's hosted. It's got the lasting character interaction of #1 with actual stuff to do!

Like blow up the engine on accident. Supermatter is definitely the most terrifying way to power a space ship.
Planning on eventually checking out FTL13 once my (god why am I gonna admit this) addiction to Roblox (YES SHUT UP DON'T JUDGE) settles down, provided that LLJK1 is still ded. I tried Bay and Paradise once, as well. Not the best, IMO. Far too clunky compared to Goon, different UI layout, too big of servers, and too strict of RP.
(03-13-2017, 05:39 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Planning on eventually checking out FTL13 once my (god why am I gonna admit this) addiction to Roblox (YES SHUT UP DON'T JUDGE) settles down, provided that LLJK1 is still ded. I tried Bay and Paradise once, as well. Not the best, IMO. Far too clunky compared to Goon, different UI layout, too big of servers, and too strict of RP.

roblox was good for a bit haha. i kept playing surive the titanic and eventually i bought a hanglider that just let you fly forever cause logic, so id fly around annoying people
I play on Hippie because it kind of reminds me of way older goon where anything goes and only the most robust survive. I get that Hippie's rules differ wildly from goon when it comes to bigotry but I tend to behave the same on both, only on Hippie I'm more willing to resort to assault because people can and will mess with you. I never role traitor and never kill anybody when I can help it though. I have made my share of molotovs and baseball bats though when I want to violently retaliate.

One round a megafauna reached the station and people got slaughtered by this giant thing shooting death spikes at people.

It's this thing https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Megafauna#Colossus

There were no survivors.

I've also played on Colonial Marines when I want to be a soldier and shoot at aliens. I always die, and often get separated from my squad through some fault of my own.

I've also tried TG and paradise, mostly when other servers aren't really busy and I want a high pop round.

I don't normally touch "hard" roles on stations outside of goon because I have no idea how TG science works and I can only do the bare minimum of medical. Detective is fun when I find a case to investigate but I'm not much of an RPer so I tend to shy from it. Also TG genetics is basically the same as old goon genetics so I avoid it because it's too much work with the exception of cloning which I can do as an assistant.

Pretty much I tend to pick stations where I can A. Be a staff assistant and explore or do staff assistant shenanigans, and B. Stuff happens and I'm able to contribute as a body shield or extra toolbox holder. Bottom line is if I can't do something as an assistant during the round I probably won't learn to do it.

If a Station doesn't have civilian/assistant maint access I tend to avoid it because it means I'll have to pick a job in order to find something to do. Otherwise I'd just sit and bartend the whole round, or be janitor.

I do kinda like how the AI on other servers can pop in as a hologram.
I played CM for a bit as an MP and adminhelped a hit-and-run griefer who was shooting everyone in cryo with a pistol.
Instead the admin just marked my ahelp "nonsense" and berated me for carrying lethals when there was no alien on the station.
First off, we were in a condition that said there could possibly be an alien on station and that we should search for it.
Second, MOTHER hadn't done a scan in a while, so for all I know the alien is still on board.
Third, the admin practically IC-OOC'd by deliberately telling me that there was definitely not an alien on board.
So, I dunno. Not really my kind of server I guess.
I envy /tg/'s mining department.
tell us about what makes it so good noah, or perhaps draft an ideas post regarding it. learning from others is allowed, right
I mean
Just look at this:
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Shaft_Miner#The_Wildlife
mining on tg is you travel to another place full of lava and monsters and some mining. basically you get ore to help the science department and you get loot from monsters for yourself. real fun, real difficult. also i released one of the mega fauna on the station by accident once
Releasing megafauna on the station is just part of being a miner.
mining on tg is a lot of fun, especially as a mining borg. you even get a cool gun that can be used to quickly demolish parts of the asteroids and can be used to shatter people's bones in depressurized areas
One thing i liked about janitorborg on tg is because their borgs aren't humanoid you're basically a moving scrubber so you could just move over dirty tiles to clean them. So, so much easier.
TG mining is fucking COOL. It's essentially the only codebase where it's an engaging and surprising experience, and the kinds of things you can find. . hoo-whee mama.

It basically plays as a whole other segment of the game, but you're encouraged to contribute to the station because dumping off your ore is the only way to get Good Boy Points that let you buy fun stuff to take with you.

edit: now if i only liked their playerbase more

EDIT2: I also rather like the kind of stuff you can make in /vg/'s weapon crafting, from tomahawks you can smoke weed out of to the Hivehand from Half-Life 1(!!). TG has a similar thing, if somewhat more limited.

EDIT3 because I am a scrub: I also find the xenoflora/xenobotany system on VG and Bay neat, you can create kudzu-esque vines that inject people with (possibly even beneficial!) chemicals or just make lots and lots and LOTS of corn
(03-15-2017, 04:27 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: TG mining is fucking COOL. It's essentially the only codebase where it's an engaging and surprising experience, and the kinds of things you can find. . hoo-whee mama.

It basically plays as a whole other segment of the game, but you're encouraged to contribute to the station because dumping off your ore is the only way to get Good Boy Points that let you buy fun stuff to take with you.

It's like our telescience, but more beneficial to the station as a whole.