Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Please remove the ability for blobs to spawn offstation
Generally speaking, there are two reasons why a blob wants to spawn offstation:

1: To eat enough research station monkeys/spread out enough on an asteroid to unlock blob floors, then spread out into space and hit 500 tiles completely unopposed. A common argument the last time I brought this up was that it's an antag's prerogative to play 'peacefully' if they choose, to which my counterpoint is that if a blob's winning goal is hitting 500 tiles, spreading is in itself an aggressive act, and most methods for other antags to accomplish their objectives at no danger to themselves and without having to interact with anyone at all were either nerfed or removed (e.g. changelings and monkeys).

2: To set up a nucleus in the drone factory/asteroid/syndie sat, then piggyback off the blob spawning on-station and forming a functionally invincible omega-blob that can't be killed unless someone feels like playing space scavenger-hunt. This one is pretty clearly indefensible and obviously against the spirit of the thing.

Neither of these actually add anything to blob rounds - they encourage using metaknowledge to stake out common blob spawn spots in space, a tactic discouraged against most other antags, and generally make the most commonly agreed upon worst round type even worse (for the record I do kind of like blob rounds, but definitely feel that this particular thing is something that needs to be changed).
hear hear. the purpose of an antagonist is to antagonize
As much as I do enjoy the impromptu extended rounds, it is kinda cheesy and powergamey, and not in a fun way.
I can't really add anything; I just agree.
As much as I enjoy exploiting the tagteam omniblob strategy, it's too strong to be allowed to continue.

Agree
Agreed, and actually probably pretty easy to do with a white/black list on areas.
You may end up with people that spawn the blob and afk then - or just spawn it in the middle of chem to get it over with. Not that I condone these things. And an impromptu extended isn't always a bad thing.
How many times have we had this thread? Too many times
AKA I vote yes, get this done with already, few other antags have the magical ability to make the round end with no warning and the ones that do have to get their hands dirty unlike spaceblob
implemented