Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Several new interfaces no longer function on older OSes.
If you don't have the latest internet explorer, bot interfaces, airbridge interfaces, tanning beds, the port-a-medbay and the trait interfaces no longer function. And if you OS doesn't support the newer versions of IE (XP, Vista, Wine, possibly Mac?) you're SOL.
Hi as the resident Linux nerd i would like to say that these interfaces are also fucked on wine.
Hi, pathogen manipulator also acts up under older OSes
[Image: U8BVaSZ.png]
shrug

Microsoft stopped supporting any XP systems in 2014. 3 years ago.

Vista stops being supported at all (mainstream support already ended in 2012, mind you) on April 11th of this year.

shrug
Linux and Mac, tho.
Microsoft doesnt even have support for anything older than IE11. Short of including some kind of legacy client you're kind of screwed everyman smith
I actually tested tooltip-popups (bots, airbridge comps) as low as IE 8 on windows XP as recent as 2 weeks ago and was able to get it functional (if not especially pretty). It's strange that you would see a different result.

Also worth noting: functionality can and will differ (by which I mean, break) if you're using WINE or running windows in a VM. We offer no solutions or workarounds to this as a matter of course, as we are largely constrained by byond and our own development resources (spending large amounts of time on a fraction of a percentage of users makes no real sense).

Simply put, upgrade yo shit bruh.
(03-04-2017, 07:03 PM)Grek Wrote: If you don't have the latest internet explorer, bot interfaces, airbridge interfaces, tanning beds, the port-a-medbay and the trait interfaces no longer function. And if you OS doesn't support the newer versions of IE (XP, Vista, Wine, possibly Mac?) you're SOL.

Same here, using win7 with IE9 and i can't click on thepopups.
Worst part is, i can't get a tan frown
How do you even have IE9 on windows 7. Cumulative windows updates should upgrade you automatically to IE11. What kind of shitbox are you running sir.