Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
hi i didnt have time to read this so i am sorry if people already said this ill read it in a few hours

if you are using end of round stuff, ill do the research department stuff on sunday or monday
I feel like the two currencies should be separated.

Like, credits are what you use in round, and what you get for the permanent store is like "Discount Dan's buckaroo fun dollars™" which is where the real value is because of space inflation
(03-03-2017, 09:12 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I feel like the two currencies should be separated.

Like, credits are what you use in round, and what you get for the permanent store is like "Discount Dan's buckaroo fun dollars™" which is where the real value is because of space inflation

Definitely this. The concept of reward-system needs to be separated from the in-game cash currency system. If anything, in-game currency needs a rework because you don't have that much that you can really spend it on.
add the jumpsuit recolors
Make one of the things you can buy with with your persistent money (how about shares in NT stock?) credits. I know there's definitely times that I would love to have 1000 credits for whatever reason.
I've got an idea regarding antag bucks, though it's probably not a good one.

At the end of the round, we could have a rating system in place, where each player except the antags are allowed to rate each antag on their performance in the round. Once the round truly ends and returns to the title screen, each antag would get a cut of antag points from a set pool, the size of the cut for each antag depending on how high their rating is, with negatively-rated antags getting a smaller cut (or maybe none at all depending on low they are rated). How many points is in the pool is up to the coders.

With these points, the player can spend it to increase their chances of becoming their antag of choice for next round and only that round with the increase resetting to normal after that round, with the cost depending on which antag they spend it on, the rarer and more dangerous ones (Wizard, Blob, Wraith, etc.) being more expensive than the others (traitor, nuke ops, etc.) (Not sure how to handle Other Foes, though.) The chance increases can stack, meaning that if someone wanted, they could save up their antag points to get a high chance of becoming their favorite antag for one round. (How much each antag costs is also up to the coders).

The idea is that it incentivizes antags to try and be interesting and/or fun in order to get the approval of the players and thus more points, rewarding them by allowing them increased chance to play their favorites the round they spend their points, though I'm afraid it might not fit the SS13 experience, or there's a chance this could get horribly run into the ground by turbonerds, or worse. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Yeah on second thought this post should be moved to the 'Ideas of questionable quality' thread. Also yeah I can see how this would probably be abused now that zewaka pointed it out
(03-03-2017, 11:15 PM)Calebc789 Wrote: At the end of the round, we could have a rating system in place, where each player except the antags are allowed to rate each antag on their performance in the round.What do you guys think?

I don't like this idea because it could just turn into a popularity contest, or metagaming party of friends antag fun time.
i think a rating system would be good if it were mostly anonymous

if for example you could give positive rating to a specific job dept for a job well done
I'm not really sure what to do about antagonists. If currency is awarded for completing objectives or meeting some sort of goal, players might feel pressured into a certain playstyle. I think the freedom traitors have is good and we should not mess with it too much.
(03-03-2017, 11:23 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 11:15 PM)Calebc789 Wrote: At the end of the round, we could have a rating system in place, where each player except the antags are allowed to rate each antag on their performance in the round.What do you guys think?

I don't like this idea because it could just turn into a popularity contest, or metagaming party of friends antag fun time.

I agree, but also, it might encourage players to be more fun about the way they traitor, i.e. a fun gimmicky traitor gets a super high rating, so they do it more, and a rampager gets a low rating, so they might do it a little less
I definitely support this if the meta-currency is titled Dan Dollars, I want neat customizey things and reasons to survive/do stuff other than just medals.
(03-04-2017, 01:45 AM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: I'm not really sure what to do about antagonists. If currency is awarded for completing objectives or meeting some sort of goal, players might feel pressured into a certain playstyle. I think the freedom traitors have is good and we should not mess with it too much.

i mean you're still getting money anyway

why not view completing objectives as a source of bonus monies
I definitely agree that the end of round scoring system needs some adjustment.

I've seen the station get an A grade after being successfully nuked by syndicates quite a few times.
(03-04-2017, 07:12 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I've seen the station get an A grade after being successfully nuked by syndicates quite a few times.

The station can't be bad if there is no station
As someone who plays AI a lot I think some stuff to buy with spaceopoly money for silicons would be good. So far I'm mostly seeing stuff for meatbags