Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank - Suggestions + Feedback
(03-04-2017, 09:41 AM)Grizzwold Wrote: As someone who plays AI a lot I think some stuff to buy with spaceopoly money for silicons would be good. So far I'm mostly seeing stuff for meatbags

What about:
* Use VOX for X Dan's Discount Dollars per use. Regular limits and cooldowns still apply.
* Let borgs recolor their skins for a few bucks. Become a or a Bombastic Blue Brobot or a Murderous Mauve Mediborg
* Let the AI fart on the ghosts annoying it
You could just give antags a set amount unaffected by their job or what takes place in a given round. Blobs, wraiths, wizards etc shouldnt miss out for not having wages.
Something in the style of our current medal rewards could be neat. Little reskins of stuff on a per round spacebux basis.
I really like this idea, but would our choices for additional gear be saved between rounds, or would they have to re-input every new round? I'd prefer the former, as I dislike having to hit the achievement button every round to get my fashionable satchel.
(03-04-2017, 10:30 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 09:41 AM)Grizzwold Wrote: As someone who plays AI a lot I think some stuff to buy with spaceopoly money for silicons would be good. So far I'm mostly seeing stuff for meatbags

What about:
* Use VOX for X Dan's Discount Dollars per use. Regular limits and cooldowns still apply.
* Let borgs recolor their skins for a few bucks. Become a or a Bombastic Blue Brobot or a Murderous Mauve Mediborg
maybe just let synthetics spawn hats and gimmicky clothes for borgs and stuff, maybe different items/price to humans
(03-04-2017, 01:36 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I really like this idea, but would our choices for additional gear be saved between rounds, or would they have to re-input every new round? I'd prefer the former, as I dislike having to hit the achievement button every round to get my fashionable satchel.

The way I imagine it is that every round, when you click the 'declare ready' button, a purchase menu will come up and allow you to buy one item from a big list. Then you play the following round with that one item you bought.
An inventory would be cool too, but it is also more complicated and I don't know if people should be able to amass a library of expensive rewards that they can take into every round. One-purchase-per-round would keep currency in flux, preventing people from getting too much money over time and not being able to spend it on anything.
bring back the old yellow spiderbot sprite thing as a borg optional skin. maybe a couple other things like derelict medshuttle medbots, that new vegas unicycle thing

and thi guy http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/Boxy
Speaking of borgs, I just remembered that I apparently made this doodle:

[Image: 85f553c5ef0beb7a8b264e79e1ce93b9.png]

Granted, I never made any more of this sprite beyond just this image.
One potential issue would come from the fact that your role is more or less randomly decided. If you buy an item that'd be more suited for a captain and roll a borg, you'll likely have a bad time.

Weird uncertainty like that is why I've been sitting on an antag token for months. I don't know what antag I'll get, or what role I'll badguy up, and it makes that darn thing too precious spend, especially since I don't know if I'm ever going to see one again.

Might be a bit of an overstatement, but it may make some people think twice before dropping a fat stack on some sweet duds.
(03-04-2017, 09:35 PM)Superlagg Wrote: One potential issue would come from the fact that your role is more or less randomly decided. If you buy an item that'd be more suited for a captain and roll a borg, you'll likely have a bad time.

This is a good point. I'll have the system check if you bought a human/cyborg only item, and immediately refund the item if it's not usable for whatever you end up playing as.
(03-04-2017, 10:30 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:

What about:

I think there's some sort of system to recolor borgs already? I saw it in the cyborg chargers a long, long time ago, but borgs couldn't self-paint so it was kind of a waste

EDIT: Anyway bring on the Danbux, little ways to spice up a round/reasons to get mugged are always fun!!
Haven't had much time to sprite, but I got some bank ideas, I guess!

New

new borg skins, see automaton
new ai skins, see ai_malf
medals, like stickers but medals.
hats
alt uniforms
versions of all exisitng jumpsuits as shorts variant?
dress/skirt variant also

Existing

april fools uniforms
gimmick uniforms
clothes that don't spawn on the map.
hoodies
suit_pants
animal eggs
(03-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Gannets Wrote: hoodies

Where? I want. I need. I desiiiiire.
Yes, I need a biker cap to complete my outfit as a staff assistant.
(03-05-2017, 11:27 AM)CameronWoof Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 11:11 AM)Gannets Wrote: hoodies

Where? I want. I need. I desiiiiire.

Here:

[Image: xosqnl]