Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
goonstation dnd
hello

i would like to play a dnd game with you insufferable nerds 

preferably using 5e
eey

(meaning yes)
I'd be interested, but only if someone in the next two posts offers to DM. This idea won't get very far otherwise.
Colour me interested.
Hi. I've been DMing pathfinder for about 4 years now and have been looking for a group to try DMing 5e with. If you guys are interested, here's the basic rundown:

We would be using roll20 to manage the game

I am available to DM weekly at 10am-1pm PST (starting time, sessions lasting 1-3 hours) on Mondays and Tuesdays. (Time is negotiable, days of the week are sadly not unless my work schedule changes)

The 5e homebrew setting I am working on is Kōm, an extremely low magic setting (no restrictions on starting class, but wizards and clerics should be aware that they are extreme outliers before starting).

I prefer RP-focused games, with usually about 1-2 combats per session.

I use the Tally levelling system. I haven't worked out the math for 5e yet, but here's the basic rundown: you get 3 tallies for defeating a combat encounter, 2 tallies for defeating or avoiding a combat encounter through means other than straight combat (e.g., diplomacy, traps, etc), and 1 tally for successfully completing a roleplay or skill challenge. At (number to be determined) tallies, you level up. This simplifies a lot of the math in determining when you'll level up. (As a result, combat encounters will generally be carefully constructed to be challenging CR appropriate fights).

I am willing to host a game of 3-6 players

You may miss 2 games per month without a good reason, but you may rapidly find yourself behind in levels.

If enough people are interested and available, I would be able to complete setup and start the game in two weeks (March 21st)

Respond here or contact me by IRC if interested
(03-03-2017, 01:18 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Hi. I've been DMing pathfinder for about 4 years now and have been looking for a group to try DMing 5e with. If you guys are interested, here's the basic rundown:

We would be using roll20 to manage the game

I am available to DM weekly at 10am-1pm PST (starting time, sessions lasting 1-3 hours) on Mondays and Tuesdays. (Time is negotiable, days of the week are sadly not unless my work schedule changes)

The 5e homebrew setting I am working on is Kōm, an extremely low magic setting (no restrictions on starting class, but wizards and clerics should be aware that they are extreme outliers before starting).

I prefer RP-focused games, with usually about 1-2 combats per session.

I use the Tally levelling system. I haven't worked out the math for 5e yet, but here's the basic rundown: you get 3 tallies for defeating a combat encounter, 2 tallies for defeating or avoiding a combat encounter through means other than straight combat (e.g., diplomacy, traps, etc), and 1 tally for successfully completing a roleplay or skill challenge. At (number to be determined) tallies, you level up. This simplifies a lot of the math in determining when you'll level up. (As a result, combat encounters will generally be carefully constructed to be challenging CR appropriate fights).

I am willing to host a game of 3-6 players

You may miss 2 games per month without a good reason, but you may rapidly find yourself behind in levels.

If enough people are interested and available, I would be able to complete setup and start the game in two weeks (March 21st)

Respond here or contact me by IRC if interested

any chance that you'd be willing to host an hour or two later than what you've posted?
Hmm, I'd be interested is playing, but I am not great at keeping on task and unless this was run over discord I'd quickly forget it existed.
I've never played path finder but I've played 3.5

I'd be interested in playing
never played before in my life, I could join any session starting at 10am-11am PST due to timezone differences, any later and that meshes with my schedule
Alright, here's the scoop so far:

Sessions will be on Tuesdays at 12pm and last 1-3 hours. This time is still negotiable but we're pretty set on it at this moment

I will announce what game we'll be playing (I'm pretty set on 5e, but it depends on what everyone can play), what character sheets on roll20 I'd like everyone to use, and release more setting details on Tuesday, March 7th. You will have one week after that to come up with a character concept that you're happy with.

We will have a character checking/creation/tweaking session on Tuesday, March 14th to verify that everyone can figure out roll20 and confirm participation. We will be issuin using this time to figure out any technical issues before they could interrupt an in character session

The first in character session will by Tuesday, March 21st.

So far, the confirmed players are Babayetu, Cameron, and Chase. There are three remaining seats at the table

If you can commit to these sessions, and can't make it onto IRC, please confirm participation here.

Seats are first come first serve
i'm in

again, how negotiable? would you be able to do 12-1pm pst?
I have only ever played something like this once but im up for it.

EDIT: Nvm, thought it was at 11pm, wont be able to make it unless you do it after 4pm
(03-04-2017, 12:15 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: i'm in

again, how negotiable? would you be able to do 12-1pm pst?

Yes
Man, I'd love to join but the timing can't work for me. If you start another campaign in the summer I may have more free time.
Unfortunately that timing doesnt work for me, have a blast!