Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kill the lights before the doors
When an APC runs low on power because someone forgot to turn on the engine, it shuts off the room's equipment before it flicks the lights. Many times, my department becoming useless and open to any dweeb with a crowbar is the first indication that the power isn't working, which leads to hilarity and calls to the AI to turn the APC back on.

Instead, I think that keeping the equipment online should be a higher priority than the lights. I'm a big spaceboy, I'm not afraid of the dark, flashlights are great! But having all my computers and teleporters stop working the moment the power gets slightly low is kinda silly.
Lights use less power than Enviromental, I think.
environmental rarely uses any significant power at all in most rooms, i dont know what it does.

the lights should have a higher low powercell% cutoff threshold, and equipment a lower threshold, sso the ;ights cut out first
(03-03-2017, 04:40 AM)misto Wrote: environmental rarely uses any significant power at all in most rooms, i dont know what it does.

Apparently fire alarms/doors and 'pipe filters' use it, if I'm reading correctly. So we can cut off fire alarms by turning off environmental power? Good to know. Granted, I could be reading that wrong. Best to test that out fer yerselves.

Anyways, I don't mind either way. I just find it funny that it seems the bridge is the first place to lose power. It is annoying that you're completely SOL without a crowbar.
(03-03-2017, 05:16 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 04:40 AM)misto Wrote: environmental rarely uses any significant power at all in most rooms, i dont know what it does.

Apparently fire alarms/doors and 'pipe filters' use it, if I'm reading correctly. So we can cut off fire alarms by turning off environmental power? Good to know. Granted, I could be reading that wrong. Best to test that out fer yerselves.

Anyways, I don't mind either way. I just find it funny that it seems the bridge is the first place to lose power. It is annoying that you're completely SOL without a crowbar.

idea: make it possible to open unpowered doors without a crowbar, just requiring a much, much longer time (a la uncuffing), to prevent 'unescapable' scenarios