Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Map Patch] Make Chemistry Less Worse
Removes some of the immovable, useless machinery from chemistry so that you can actually use the counters. Removes:
- Television because why?
- Personal Computer because there's one in the research lounge already
- ChemiCompiler because it's a useless prop and there IS still another one if you like to look at it so much

Shuffles around the trash can and chemical lockers for more counter space. Also moves the glass recycler to de-clutter the L-counter.

[Image: ttVe6UZ.png]

Can't seem to attach it, so here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4wt4g46rq8256...h.dmm?dl=0
(02-25-2017, 09:27 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: - Television because why?

If I remember correctly, the television is there so you can remotely view your chemical experiments as they happen in one of the numerous test chambers.

Then again, it might just be a regular old civilian TV, in which case, toss it.
Any normal chemist doesnt leave their stuff all over tables since theres plenty of inventory space. This removes a lot of cool and neat fluff stuff for ugly tables that an extreme minority will enjoy. You can still put things on tables, too, just click around the objects. Or throw the object on the table. This change is bad
(03-02-2017, 01:51 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: Any normal chemist doesnt leave their stuff all over tables since theres plenty of inventory space. This removes a lot of cool and neat fluff stuff for ugly tables that an extreme minority will enjoy. You can still put things on tables, too, just click around the objects. Or throw the object on the table. This change is bad

Getting rid of things that no-one uses/has no use in favor of things that even a small minority would use is a pretty positive change in my opinion.
Could you replace the space-taking desk lamp in chemistry with a light tube while you are at it?
(03-02-2017, 01:51 PM)quiltyquilty Wrote: Any normal chemist doesnt leave their stuff all over tables since theres plenty of inventory space. This removes a lot of cool and neat fluff stuff for ugly tables that an extreme minority will enjoy. You can still put things on tables, too, just click around the objects. Or throw the object on the table. This change is bad

I don't leave stuff on tables because I'm always afraid of accidentally splashing stuff on the floor instead of leaving the beaker on the table.
Personally, I'll fill the tables with large amounts of large beakers while I'm cheming.

So this would be a nice change for me.
(03-02-2017, 03:49 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Could you replace the space-taking desk lamp in chemistry with a light tube while you are at it?
Maybe chemistry should get a flat screen tv affixed to the wall so that it doesn't take up the table sprite.
(03-07-2017, 08:10 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Maybe chemistry should get a flat screen tv affixed to the wall so that it doesn't take up the table sprite.

I can get behind that idea
Who would have a flatscreen but the science nerds after all??
why DON'T we have flatscreens, this is the future
(03-08-2017, 12:46 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: why DON'T we have flatscreens, this is the future

Budget cuts, business needs money to keep going and a bunch of other stupid reasons.
If you'd like to save even more space, why not make a new furniture/storage object that holds vials, beakers, bottles, syringes, etc. in neat organized trays in one big rack cabinet? That way you have yet another place to neatly store samples, chemicals, and mixtures without the risk of spilling or theft. One less tile of counter space, but maps like the Destiny with the Chemlab, Pharmacy, and MedSci would love that.
(03-08-2017, 07:44 AM)aft2001 Wrote: If you'd like to save even more space, why not make a new furniture/storage object that holds vials, beakers, bottles, syringes, etc. in neat organized trays in one big rack cabinet? That way you have yet another place to neatly store samples, chemicals, and mixtures without the risk of spilling or theft. One less tile of counter space, but maps like the Destiny with the Chemlab, Pharmacy, and MedSci would love that.

Like a backwards vendor? You stick the stuff in and it can be vended later on. Some other servers have them, they work really well.
(03-08-2017, 12:46 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: why DON'T we have flatscreens, this is the future

It's 1979's future