Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwright92 - Banned by Herrspyguy
Who banned you?: Herrspyguy
Byond Key: Dwright92
Date of Ban: Must of been at least 1 year ago, probably more, though. I honestly cannot remember.
Specified Reason for Ban: Guess what. No admins on won't save you. Appeal when you're ready to explain what's up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER?  
Ban Length: Permanent, my dude.
What led to the ban? I called some guy black. He was all like, "Whoa, dude. You can't call me black." And then I replied with the above phrasing, "NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER?"
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: 

I think its kind of silly where you can run around murdering people left and right but you can't use a SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE word (http://puu.sh/uiSHE/321030ecef.png) to describe someone who's skin color obviously shows that they're from a particular region on Earth. 

Secondly, I think its also ridiculous that you guys ban for racial slurs at all. When you ban for this kind of stuff, you only validate racism and give it power. If you simply ignored it, it would lose all of its power as a derogatory word. It would eventually lose its offensiveness and everyone would move on. But because you ban when someone, (and let me remind you, I used a scientifically apt term, not a racial slur,) for saying what you perceive to be a slur, you only give that word power. 

Not to mention this is a really niche community with a particularly toxic fanbase. Telling a community like this not to use racial slurs is like telling a toddler not to babble. Its just in it's nature. 

Regardless, even though I don't see the point in your banning methods, I will not continue this behavior because I will respect the rules from now on. I'm simply challenging your..."questionable" rules on racial slurs, and I think that herrspyguy really shouldn't have banned me for saying something that isn't even a racial slur. 

Thanks.
Hey there, thanks for appealing! I'm not your banning admin but I would personally like some clarification on why our rules regarding racial slurs are "questionable". Thanks.
Y'know what? Your attitude sucks. The rules are very clear - sitting there and trying to lecture us about them is going to do absolutely nothing.

Couple that with this incredible list of notes (including several attempts to log in when banned, which have counted as evasion attempts: which you didn't mention despite the sticky note above) and I think I'm just going to shut this one down.

(DEL) Jun 07 2016 5:16am | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 2 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x4] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Mar 10 2016 3:04am | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 5 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x2] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Nov 19 2015 19:20pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x1] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Nov 19 2015 17:05pm | Submitter: ### | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by ###, reason Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Jan 01 2015 0:23am | Submitter: ###| Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: This guy is slazors and is on his very last chance (as opposed to his other very last chances). Do not tolerate any bullshit.

(DEL) Aug 17 2014 17:47pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner , reason Beating dudes again, was given a final warning, didn t take it seriously. Bye. , duration: Permanent

---

(DEL) Apr 20 2016 22:31pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 2 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x3] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Feb 22 2014 1:52am | Submitter: ###| Server lljk 2 us | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ### reason "Mirror ban", duration:

(DEL) Dec 27 2013 23:42pm | Submitter: ###| Server lljk 1 us | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "Beating dudes again, was given a final warning, didn't take it seriously. Bye.", duration:

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:07pm | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: heiraphont unbanned slazors92

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:06pm | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Undoing his bans. Jobban from robotics that should not be lifted in forever. This is his last chance to stop being rude.

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:05pm | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92

(DEL) Feb 13 2013 0:46am | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "YET AGAIN with the debraining. As per Popecrunchs note, this one is forever.", duration:

(DEL) Jan 31 2013 1:31am | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "You've been warned plenty of times, dude.", duration:

(DEL) Jan 27 2013 22:12pm | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned for 1 week for debraining a dude then spacing the brain and himself. Wouldnt be so long except he apparently has a history of being a shit roboticist? ugh

(DEL) Jan 27 2013 22:11pm | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by lisi, reason "Stealing people's brains and spacing them.", duration: 6.88741e+06

(DEL) Jan 19 2013 5:41am | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "His usual schtick with the operating table and the brains and the OH HUR JUST FOR BUTTS LOL. Next time's a perma, shitstick.", duration: 6.87982e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 22:29pm | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "Releases plasma into medbay as a non-traitor. Logs out when confronted.", duration: 6.87447e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 4:19am | Submitter:### | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason "Murdering people as a non-traitor roboticist", duration: 6.86474e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 4:18am | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Abducting folks and debraining them as roboticist. When cornered offers glib excuse about wanting butts.

(DEL) Dec 14 2012 6:15am | Submitter: ###| Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason Calling people

(DEL) Dec 14 2012 3:39am | Submitter: ### | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by ###, reason Don

Best wishes.
(02-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Slazors92 Wrote: (and let me remind you, I used a scientifically apt term, not a racial slur,)

Friendo if you're going to be racist at least own up to it instead of scurrying around when the light hits you like a cockroach

(02-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Slazors92 Wrote: Not to mention this is a really niche community with a particularly toxic fanbase. Telling a community like this not to use racial slurs is like telling a toddler not to babble. Its just in it's nature. 

I do not know which of our servers you have been playing on but i have not found goonstation's community to be especially toxic. A goodly part of this is because racists are not allowed!
(02-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Slazors92 Wrote: Not to mention this is a really niche community with a particularly toxic fanbase. Telling a community like this not to use racial slurs is like telling a toddler not to babble. Its just in it's nature.

You know, even with the section underneath this, if you're a toxic toddler that can't avoid babbling this kinda nonsense I don't really see the benefit or point in lifting this ban.
(02-25-2017, 01:01 AM)zewaka Wrote: Hey there, thanks for appealing! I'm not your banning admin but I would personally like some clarification on why our rules regarding racial slurs are "questionable". Thanks.

The reasons why I called them questionable are listed above as two reasons:

1. The term I used wasn't even derogatory (hell, not even in a derogatory context based on the conversation.)

2. Its a murder simulator where you can't use racial slurs, and you also only enable and validate racism by banning for it. People who shout down racists as more crusaders are, in fact, just as racist as the aggressors. We've seen this notion emerge more and more from the regressive left in the past year or so.

(02-25-2017, 01:02 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: Y'know what? Your attitude sucks. The rules are very clear - sitting there and trying to lecture us about them is going to do absolutely nothing.

Couple that with this incredible list of notes (including several attempts to log in when banned, which have counted as evasion attempts: which you didn't mention despite the sticky note above) and I think I'm just going to shut this one down.

(DEL) Jun 07 2016 5:16am | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 2 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x4] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Mar 10 2016 3:04am | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 5 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x2] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Nov 19 2015 19:20pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x1] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Nov 19 2015 17:05pm | Submitter: herrspyguy | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by herrspyguy, reason Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Jan 01 2015 0:23am | Submitter: gorillamydreams | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: This guy is slazors and is on his very last chance (as opposed to his other very last chances). Do not tolerate any bullshit.

(DEL) Aug 17 2014 17:47pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk eu 4 | Player Key: dwright92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner , reason Beating dudes again, was given a final warning, didn t take it seriously. Bye. , duration: Permanent

---

(DEL) Apr 20 2016 22:31pm | Submitter: auto banner | Server lljk us 2 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by Auto Banner, reason [Evasion Attempt x3] Previous Reason: Guess what. No admins on won t save you. Appeal when you re ready to explain what s up here. SAY: Valric Vinkari (Dwright92) : ; NEGROID, IS THAT BETTER? , duration: Permanent

(DEL) Feb 22 2014 1:52am | Submitter: gorillamydreams | Server lljk 2 us | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by gorillamydreams, reason "Mirror ban", duration:

(DEL) Dec 27 2013 23:42pm | Submitter: gorillamydreams | Server lljk 1 us | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by gorillamydreams, reason "Beating dudes again, was given a final warning, didn't take it seriously. Bye.", duration:

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:07pm | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:06pm | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Undoing his bans. Jobban from robotics that should not be lifted in forever. This is his last chance to stop being rude.

(DEL) Mar 18 2013 21:05pm | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92

(DEL) Feb 13 2013 0:46am | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by heiraphont, reason "YET AGAIN with the debraining. As per Popecrunchs note, this one is forever.", duration:

(DEL) Jan 31 2013 1:31am | Submitter: magicmountain | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by magicmountain, reason "You've been warned plenty of times, dude.", duration:

(DEL) Jan 27 2013 22:12pm | Submitter: lisi | Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned for 1 week for debraining a dude then spacing the brain and himself. Wouldnt be so long except he apparently has a history of being a shit roboticist? ugh

(DEL) Jan 27 2013 22:11pm | Submitter: lisi | Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by lisi, reason "Stealing people's brains and spacing them.", duration: 6.88741e+06

(DEL) Jan 19 2013 5:41am | Submitter: popecrunch | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by popecrunch, reason "His usual schtick with the operating table and the brains and the OH HUR JUST FOR BUTTS LOL. Next time's a perma, shitstick.", duration: 6.87982e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 22:29pm | Submitter: heiraphont | Server us gibbed 4 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by heiraphont, reason "Releases plasma into medbay as a non-traitor. Logs out when confronted.", duration: 6.87447e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 4:19am | Submitter: lisi | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by lisi, reason "Murdering people as a non-traitor roboticist", duration: 6.86474e+06

(DEL) Jan 18 2013 4:18am | Submitter: lisi | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Abducting folks and debraining them as roboticist. When cornered offers glib excuse about wanting butts.

(DEL) Dec 14 2012 6:15am | Submitter: drcogwerks | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by drcogwerks, reason Calling people

(DEL) Dec 14 2012 3:39am | Submitter: drcogwerks | Server us gibbed 3 | Player Key: slazors92
Note: Banned by drcogwerks, reason Don

Best wishes.

I knew that you guys had unbanned everyone before, mass unban, I mean. I know this was YEARS ago, but I didn't know if it was a possibility or not. So I would check in every couple of months or so. I don't know what thats an offense, but whatever floats your boat, dude.

(02-25-2017, 01:32 AM)atomicthumbs Wrote:
(02-24-2017, 11:00 PM)Slazors92 Wrote: (and let me remind you, I used a scientifically apt term, not a racial slur,)

Friendo if you're going to be racist at least own up to it instead of scurrying around when the light hits you like a cockroach

I do not know which of our servers you have been playing on but i have not found goonstation's community to be especially toxic. A goodly part of this is because racists are not allowed!

Okay, pal.

(02-25-2017, 02:23 AM)Spy_Guy Wrote:

You know, even with the section underneath this, if you're a toxic toddler that can't avoid babbling this kinda nonsense I don't really see the benefit or point in lifting this ban.

I literally, after 2 years or so, gave you my word that I wouldn't do it. And you can SEE from the context of the ban that I didn't mean it in a derogatory sense. I don't see why it would necessarily be an issue if you unbanned me. I have notes spanning as far as 2012. I don't know why they're being used a reference, considering their age.
I can't believe you waited 3 years to make an appeal, just so you could tell us to let racists play on our server.

While it's nice that you promised to follow our rules, you also kinda invalidated that by following it up with a diatribe on how we could fix racism in the community if only we gave players a platform from which they could spout slurs .

I'm not really feeling it.
"People who shout down racists as more crusaders are, in fact, just as racist as the aggressors. "

okay we're done here goodbye!

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were racists in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY racistS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were racists.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the racists!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the racists
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberracist and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the racists” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the racists”
And then John was a racist.
(02-25-2017, 07:26 AM)Slazors92 Wrote: Okay, pal.

It's actually not. Moved to "no."