Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Handspiders shouldn't be able to use pods
Look, we've all had fun being a handspider flying a pod around, but it's time for the halcyon days to end. Let's be honest, piloting the strelka as a handspider is a pretty cheap tactic that's happening more and more often, and it's not like changelings need this advantage. Plus, it makes no sense! A solitary screeching hand couldn't drive a car, let alone a pod!
(02-24-2017, 03:27 AM)locusts Wrote: Look, we've all had fun being a handspider flying a pod around, but it's time for the halcyon days to end. Let's be honest, piloting the strelka as a handspider is a pretty cheap tactic that's happening more and more often, and it's not like changelings need this advantage. Plus, it makes no sense! A solitary screeching hand couldn't drive a car, let alone a pod!

i think it should take two to pilot a pod

one to steer it and one to press the gas pedal
Never knew this was a thing and yeah I agree that sounds pretty awful.
Ban anything that isn't explicitly a human mob from using pods, in my opinion. Robots and shells don't even have hands to drive.
(02-24-2017, 04:23 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Ban anything that isn't explicitly a human mob from using pods, in my opinion. Robots and shells don't even have hands to drive.

I know we're currently in 'nerf everything' mode and competing to be the biggest spoilsport, but no. Taking pods away from borgs/the AI renders a significant portion of the map out of their reach, and we don't really need any more reasons for people to scream and immediately suicide upon being borged. Plus, I believe the topic came up on a previous thread, the consensus was that they could probably interface electronics with them or something.

Aside from that, probably yes for handspiders, fairly ambivalent on other mobs - though handspiders aside, there's few other nonhuman mobs that actually cause much trouble if given pod access.
Yeah I think borgs and AIs being able to use centcom equipment and pods makes since they are both creations of Centcom. I could believe that they could integrate with other Centcom systems such as pods.
Quote:Handspiders shouldn't be able to use pods

Code:
<drsingh> I DISAGREE
<SpyGuy> I also disagree.
<Haine> I also also disagree
You wouldn't download a pod would you?
(02-24-2017, 05:56 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: You wouldn't download a pod would you?

I totally would
(02-24-2017, 05:44 AM)Haine Wrote:

Code:
<drsingh> I DISAGREE

You guys aren't the boss of me Argh!
Do you guys really care that a hand spider is driving a pod? Or did a handspider go on a rampage with it?
(02-24-2017, 05:44 AM)Haine Wrote:

Code:
<drsingh> I DISAGREE
Pods are only particularly dangerous in 2 situations:

1) Artypods, which basically take a hellburnin' engineer to do these days, and
2) Pods on shuttles, which I'm not sure handspiders can even do by themselves.

Without those you just get some asshole pew-pewing the hanger pods and taking potshots at people in hallways. Not a big deal, really.
alright if handspiders are gonna be allowed to use pods because of fiat then I'm going to abuse the fuck out of that ability
(02-24-2017, 01:38 PM)poland spring Wrote: alright if handspiders are gonna be allowed to use pods because of fiat then I'm going to abuse the fuck out of that ability

What's there to abuse?