Awfulworldkid Mentor Application II: Apply Harder
Usual Character Name: Chance Ironmonger
BYOND Username: Awfulworldkid
Recommended by (if applicable): No one
Times Available: 3PM EST - 8PM EST weekdays, 11AM EST - 8PM EST weekends, but not every day

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
I've been playing on Goon for a very long time, done pretty much every job (except HoS), and I feel like it's a good idea for me to start giving back to the newbies that may not know very much about the game. I think I have a pretty good attitude for this sort of thing, I like to help, and I know at least something about pretty much every job. Even if I don't know some things that some people might ask about, I can do my best to find out for them, and if worst comes to worst another mentor can help them. I asked for mentor partly because I'm bored, but largely because I genuinely like helping people and I've been kinda burned out on actually playing on Goonstation recently, so I figured that I could just observe and help people out if I don't want to play a round. In the past, I've had more than my fair share of mentorhelps, and without (notable, I don't remember any) exception the mentors have always been kind and helpful, which makes me think that being a mentor is a hard job, but one I can do. On the topic of game experience, I joined BYOND in October 2015 and promptly started playing, and have played on and off ever since. Over time I've had a chance to experience pretty much every job (the only exception being Engineer) and I've found that mentors were very helpful in learning the new jobs as I went. My favorite jobs are Barman and Geneticist, and I've had many a fun round learning more things about the systems involved; I'm even still learning them to some extent. I used to play Captain a lot, and that taught me a fair bit more about some systems I usually didn't care about, with one memorable round with me as Captain involving me utilizing medibots, Stable Mutagen, and blood to turn everyone that the medbots could get to into clones of me. Overall, I've had a remarkably good time playing on Goonstation, and I sincerely hope that I can help others have a good time too.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
I don't think I've ever been banned, but there was an incident awhile ago where I got warned for metagaming, after which I've never metagamed again.
Chance Ironmonger is a name I recognize and am happy to see in a round. Yes from me!
I recognize the name and can definitely vouch for your experience. I wouldn't say it's a hard job, but it definitely requires a good knowledge of the game which I think you certainly have.

Definite yes from me.
I don't recognize the name, but your application seems to show you have a decent understanding the game mechanics, and follow the rules to the best of your ability. Yes from me, for now
Chance has been playing for years and I know the person is not shit and knows quite a bit about the game. I vote yes
I recognise the name as Not Shit. Yes.
I've seen Chance around a fair amount and never had any cause for complaint which is good enough for me, I say yes.
I approve unreservedly!
On The Origins of Names:
Chance Ironmonger is actually just an uncommon randomly-generated name that I picked as my permanent name when I decided to start keeping my name across rounds, which I remember causing confusion at least once when there was another Chance Ironmonger on the station. The point of this is that I played several rounds before choosing it as my permanent name, and it's also possible that a Chance Ironmonger you've seen wasn't me.

(On a lighter note, I'm honestly surprised at all the positive support I'm getting. I seriously did not expect this much yes this fast.)
I've heard tell of a "Chance" that plays, and, I've seen this guy put in an effort to get involved with the community in the IRC. I don't know him very well at all, but, I'll give a weak/tentative yes.
I've seen Chance playing and can't remember anything bad, which is a good sign.