Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Make Bushes An Ineffective Combat Spot
Tongue 
People use bushes as cover/armor in melee fights, rather than a place to hide. So what if if someone was on the same tile as a bush and someone else shakes the bush it says "X shakes the bush and Y falls out!" and knocks them (the guy hiding in the bush) down?

Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re
you totally stole this idea from someone in the irc
If that's going to be a thing then we should be able to actually climb up in bushes and hide rather than just have their sprite float over us. Also let us climb trees.
Let people set bushes on fire/chainsaw them to bits/otherwise destroy them maybe? The only thing I'd be potentially worried about would be turbonerds destroying them "just in case".
I think a knockdown would be lame and stop bush use entirely. Maybe "X shakes the bush and the branches/leaves smack Y in the face and they stumble out of the bush!" or something idk. Basically clicking on a bush while someone's in it forces them at least one tile away from it
You can ctrl alt shift the bush or the tile its on and attack the people in it via the top right list.
^ holy shit you can punch them in the panel? Thats hilarious.
I use prodocs to attack people using bush gorilla warfare abyway
eff you I hide in them all the time
(02-23-2017, 01:06 PM)somepotato Wrote: You can ctrl alt shift the bush or the tile its on and attack the people in it via the top right list.

While true (and I've used this with adding salt to floors or repairing things) it's very unwieldy in a fight because of the delay and moving makes it go away
get good and click on the 1 pixel of shoe that sticks out and punch them until they run out of it

also you can destroy bushes by sticking the porta-flasher and activating it
Bushes are totes OP yo. Nerf the world I say.
Nooo Jungle warfare is best warfare
also an underrated bush strategy:

if your foe dives into a bush like a coward just stand there and wait it out. seriously. after about 10-15 seconds they'll usually try to run away giving you the opportunity to strike them down
Did someone say,

[Image: post-40588-thats-not-a-knife-thats-a-knoi-BoIl.gif]

Bush strategy? Hold up, I need to go grab a few VB.

Wow I'm 70% shit posts these days. Anyways, I always figured bushes should just give 50-50 concealment or somethin'. Like, only half the hits hit.
If we can destroy bushes we should be able to make bushes