Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
Several times I've gone door hacking as a Geneticist on Destiny when there was no one else around and I wanted to restart the round, since the fastest way to do it is by breaking into the Captain's office. If you're quick and have easy access to burn meds it isn't that dangerous even without insulated gloves.
There is a way to open certain types of doors using guardbuddies, secutrons, medbots and other types of little beeping robits.

Basically you can see part of the floor underneath some doors and you try to "pull" the robot onto the tile the door occupies, opening the door.  You have to line the robot up with the door first, and it has to be a *special* door that has part of the underlying floor exposed (exposed as in clickable not just visible).  I know some of the medbay entrance doors and operating theatre doors have this sort of clickable tile, but I don't know of any other ones.
(03-09-2017, 03:32 PM)Fishanchips Wrote: There is a way to open certain types of doors using guardbuddies, secutrons, medbots and other types of little beeping robits.

Basically you can see part of the floor underneath some doors and you try to "pull" the robot onto the tile the door occupies, opening the door.  You have to line the robot up with the door first, and it has to be a *special* door that has part of the underlying floor exposed (exposed as in clickable not just visible).  I know some of the medbay entrance doors and operating theatre doors have this sort of clickable title, but I don't know of any other ones.

You can also bump borgs and AI shells into any door to open it. Whenever the AI leaves a shells out I'll do this, or using a borg with a brain dead player
(03-09-2017, 03:32 PM)Fishanchips Wrote: There is a way to open certain types of doors using guardbuddies, secutrons, medbots and other types of little beeping robits.

Basically you can see part of the floor underneath some doors and you try to "pull" the robot onto the tile the door occupies, opening the door.  You have to line the robot up with the door first, and it has to be a *special* door that has part of the underlying floor exposed (exposed as in clickable not just visible).  I know some of the medbay entrance doors and operating theatre doors have this sort of clickable title, but I don't know of any other ones.

This is one hell of a robust tip
That should actually be fixed, because you're able to click the tile no matter whats on top of it with ctrl alt shift.

The ai shell/etc thing is a feature though.
I use Vehicles (Cargo carts and such) to avoid the AI Lazers/Tazers when I can't/ cant be bothered to get/steal a head ID.
I powergame the hell out of ghetto space suits, and you're hardly ever gonna catch me with less than 100% cold resist
I don't do it often, but using AI shells to push someone into a zapped door, which stuns them, then stabbing them while they are down. As soon as they stand up, push them again. Endless stun if you are quick enough, and screwdriver does a decent amount of bleeding damage and all that. AI shells are robust af
Pathology is my guilty pleasure, though I've been wanting to learn more about botany, packets/dwaine, mechanics, and the material system. Its really hard to make rime to practice those when I could be making a hellplague though.
(03-11-2017, 08:25 PM)Xenonia Wrote: I powergame the hell out of ghetto space suits, and you're hardly ever gonna catch me with less than 100% cold resist
Same, my getup on any given round is santa hat, DM robes, boxing gloves, fanny pack, and slippers by minute 5. 
(03-11-2017, 10:06 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I don't do it often, but using AI shells to push someone into a zapped door, which stuns them, then stabbing them while they are down. As soon as they stand up, push them again. Endless stun if you are quick enough, and screwdriver does a decent amount of bleeding damage and all that. AI shells are robust af
Even better is if you have a live wire broken grille nearby. shock em once then drag em over the grille over and over, harder to pull of but you can crit someone super fast with it.
(03-12-2017, 07:47 AM)Sergeant_Crunch Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 10:06 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I don't do it often, but using AI shells to push someone into a zapped door, which stuns them, then stabbing them while they are down. As soon as they stand up, push them again. Endless stun if you are quick enough, and screwdriver does a decent amount of bleeding damage and all that. AI shells are robust af
Even better is if you have a live wire broken grille nearby. shock em once then drag em over the grille over and over, harder to pull of but you can crit someone super fast with it.
I'm not talking about cyborg shells, just the little floaty AI ones, those are like 8x faster than most borg shells, and you always start with 2 in case robotics has a deathwish is braindead.
Using epi-injectors as emergency salbutamol. Occasionally, I'll be caught in a vacuum after neglecting to powergame up some internals, but in a lot of those cases I'll have picked up a medkit or two, and the epinephrine works really well to delay suffocation for a while.

I remember being a geneticist caught in the outer blast of a canbomb. Depressurized the whole station, and with me sitting behind a computer all round I didn't have any internals with me! But I did find a medkit, and the epi inside it allowed me to crawl to the Research podbay before another canbomb blew all my limbs off. Robust!
Fire suit = Speed Penalty
Armor = No Speed Penalty
Fire Suit + Armor = Armored Fire Suit = No Speed Penalty
(03-14-2017, 09:50 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: Fire suit = Speed Penalty
Armor = No Speed Penalty

Shh, don't let them know about this!
(03-14-2017, 11:23 AM)69andahalf Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 09:50 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: Fire suit = Speed Penalty
Armor = No Speed Penalty

Shh, don't let them know about this!

I could've sworn my armor patch fixed this bug, but I guess it didn't?