Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
I don't do this too often on goon now, but I used to use an omnitool to cause power outages to break into places like security and medbay.

If you hit the right door with a temp power outage you can get access to some places really easily.

When detectives office was right next to security this was an easy way to tresspass.

The doors south of medbay are pretty easy to power outage open, but this ruins medbay's powered objects for a short while.

Genetics can also be an easy way to do it, but you may kill somebody who's still being cloned.

Basically it's a fun little semilegal challenge where you find an APC, pulse the right wire, and figure out what doors need it.

Beepskies office is the new power outage exploit on cogmap 2, but security may still catch you.

The right APC can serve as a backdoor to other places without needing to hack every other door. Plus you can use it to rig APCs to explode by swapping the battery with a battery filled with plasma if you're an antag and then drag a few welding tanks nearby for an impromptu big explosion.

I think it also works on the biodome but I haven't checked in a while.

It's not as efficient as door hacking, but it's safer without gloves. You can also use it to steal insulated gloves from the mechanics office if you want.

edit: I've only ever actually done this on cogmap 2/1/etc, I have no idea what the power layout on Destiny is and I'd probably be breaking RP or something as a staff assistant to figure out the powered doors on the map so I've never done it. I suppose I could pick inspector and then declare that there's an exploitable flaw in the power grid. That would work as an IC reason.

Messages In This Thread
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse? - by rulib - 02-22-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse? - by atomic1fire - 03-08-2017, 12:31 PM