Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
Belt of some kind is a given, loaded with a screwdriver, multitool, and crowbar as a minimum. Wirecutters as well if I don't feel like being bolted in somewhere by the AI (not generally a problem as non-antag, often a problem if antag).

If I didn't start with one, getting an emergency airtank is a high priority, and probably always will be regardless of if their capacity is nerfed or not - not suffocating because you dropped your airtank while stunned is a huge bonus on its own.

If I'm on #1, getting a sample of my own blood and storing it somewhere obscure is an early-round thing, optionally mixed with stable mutagen if I can be bothered to do it at the time, else easy to add later - lets me get back to being me after a dodgy clone cycle or if I touch a borging artifact or generally decomposed to the point of being unable to be scanned. I don't bother with this on #2 - it's not important and eats up time.

If they're still available, I grab an engineering space suit and helmet and stick them in my pack in case of "unplanned EVA" moments. They're not the best because they slow you down, but I find the built-in torch on the helmet crazy useful and it's a simple solution that works mostly regardless of access.

None of the above is really abusing anything, a good amount is just a necessity for navigating the station after the first 30 minute (once power issues and hull breaches have started appearing).

Spray bottles with space lube are my go-to "value for effort" for slipping folks. I also zealously horde any slipping/stunning items I come across, because you can never have too many of them.

When a borg, my hideously overused way to murder folks involves a locker (normally a security one, occasionally a department head's one) and putting them inside, locking it, then spacing/crushering. Typically I don't go full murderborg even if given the ability to (e.g. emagged), but obviously need a moderately effective way for dealing with things once the "kill all non-humans, everyone but me is non-human" scenario comes up. It does give folks a chance to yell over the radio about it, so it doesn't generally work more than a couple of times per round.

Messages In This Thread
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse? - by rulib - 02-22-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse? - by Mordent - 03-07-2017, 12:32 PM