Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
As barman, fill the cups in the glassware box with usually phlogiston, UM, and whatever flavor of the day strikes me. Sometimes acids, sometimes ClF3, sometimes thermite. Self-defense grenades.
steal squirt bottles for the same mix.

Also Port Wine pairs well with most toxic chems because it's hard to seek treatment when you're behind reinforced glass all of a sudden.
alright lets see,
netdiag cart (along with getting netpass_heads)
nassa suit
whenever i'm CE i always get a sick pod or break into listening post for syndie stuff (from ptl money)
if i have the time, injector belt and vapomatic (one with drug cocktail and the other with revive cocktail)
fire extinguisher
as botanist i always fly out to get an artbeaker and then make honk nuts and honk weed
as md i go into chem and make cryo pills with a tiny amount of sr
and lastly:
scientist + traitor + toxins = space debris 13 (although thats not every round)

gosh im evil
Pounding coffee and hot chocolate. Poor man's legal meth. Chairflip into people with no worry!
Netdiag cart and headpass, obviously. I'm quite a fan of acquiring the HoS' uniform from their locker and pretending to be them, even if i don't do it so often.

Signaller/Igniter assemblies underneath welding tanks. Nobody ever looks.

Getting into fistfights when i have a macrobomb and two microbombs in me.

Using RP to toy with people in order to get supplies for traitoring. I absolutely LOVE doing this
"What is abuse here... every time in the first minute."

Hmmm. Full box of tools is the closest thing, though I have been known to skip that some rounds(particularly medical rounds where things aren't going that type of shit).

For the longest time it was "get something in every slot", but I'm a lot more mellow about that now that the suit bonuses are less common, and while Escha Thermic has jittering like someone on meth from her sugar high as a signature feature, there's a surprising amount of rounds I skip my bottle of chocolate every 20 minutes(Slow metabolism is so fun. This is like 99% of the reason I have it.).

I love to grab a TON or utilize a TON of things semi-consistently, but few completely consistently... and it tends to be thematics as to why. I'm silly.

Though, having said that, I tend to end up with a power hammer, some kind of armored suit or high end space suit or Class II Rad Suit or something, some horrible chem in a beaker/spray bottle, some ghetto weapon like an artifact or a zip gun or a stun baton I was using to test artifacts if I feel feisty, full tools, and some ridiculous random things like hand teleporters or traitor gear as staff assistant, along with the sugar high, maybe an artbeaker, some ridiculous healchems...

I generally only do that level of grabbing gear as staff assistant though. I figure it is their job. Stealing things.
Belt of some kind is a given, loaded with a screwdriver, multitool, and crowbar as a minimum. Wirecutters as well if I don't feel like being bolted in somewhere by the AI (not generally a problem as non-antag, often a problem if antag).

If I didn't start with one, getting an emergency airtank is a high priority, and probably always will be regardless of if their capacity is nerfed or not - not suffocating because you dropped your airtank while stunned is a huge bonus on its own.

If I'm on #1, getting a sample of my own blood and storing it somewhere obscure is an early-round thing, optionally mixed with stable mutagen if I can be bothered to do it at the time, else easy to add later - lets me get back to being me after a dodgy clone cycle or if I touch a borging artifact or generally decomposed to the point of being unable to be scanned. I don't bother with this on #2 - it's not important and eats up time.

If they're still available, I grab an engineering space suit and helmet and stick them in my pack in case of "unplanned EVA" moments. They're not the best because they slow you down, but I find the built-in torch on the helmet crazy useful and it's a simple solution that works mostly regardless of access.

None of the above is really abusing anything, a good amount is just a necessity for navigating the station after the first 30 minute (once power issues and hull breaches have started appearing).

Spray bottles with space lube are my go-to "value for effort" for slipping folks. I also zealously horde any slipping/stunning items I come across, because you can never have too many of them.

When a borg, my hideously overused way to murder folks involves a locker (normally a security one, occasionally a department head's one) and putting them inside, locking it, then spacing/crushering. Typically I don't go full murderborg even if given the ability to (e.g. emagged), but obviously need a moderately effective way for dealing with things once the "kill all non-humans, everyone but me is non-human" scenario comes up. It does give folks a chance to yell over the radio about it, so it doesn't generally work more than a couple of times per round.
(03-07-2017, 12:32 PM)Mordent Wrote: If I'm on #1, getting a sample of my own blood and storing it somewhere obscure is an early-round thing, optionally mixed with stable mutagen if I can be bothered to do it at the time, else easy to add later - lets me get back to being me after a dodgy clone cycle or if I touch a borging artifact or generally decomposed to the point of being unable to be scanned. I don't bother with this on #2 - it's not important and eats up time.

That explains a lot
Armored paramedic/firesuits. Quite why slapping an armored vest onto one of these makes some of the best armor in the game is beyond me.
Flashes and medkits
(02-28-2017, 08:47 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Pounding coffee and hot chocolate. Poor man's legal meth. Chairflip into people with no worry!

one of the soda machines has soda that has meth in it
Yeah, robust-eez - especially when dumped in a hypo - is poor man's actual meth. I did that a lot before the chem dispenser upgrades. Mostly just so I could inject random people with it.
Table-slamming (not just placing, slamming) people so i can steal their shoes. I noticed someone else using this only one or two times.
(03-08-2017, 03:23 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 08:47 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Pounding coffee and hot chocolate. Poor man's legal meth. Chairflip into people with no worry!

one of the soda machines has soda that has meth in it

True, but it's a lot harder to dose yourself up with a hundred or so units of meth and become practically unrobustable for half the round.
(03-08-2017, 08:53 AM)Superlagg Wrote: True, but it's a lot harder to dose yourself up with a hundred or so units of meth and become practically unrobustable for half the round.

Meth has a depletion rate of 0.6, so 100 units would be flushed from your system in 167 ticks, far from half a round. I don't even want to think about the brain damage that comes with this, too.
I don't do this too often on goon now, but I used to use an omnitool to cause power outages to break into places like security and medbay.

If you hit the right door with a temp power outage you can get access to some places really easily.

When detectives office was right next to security this was an easy way to tresspass.

The doors south of medbay are pretty easy to power outage open, but this ruins medbay's powered objects for a short while.

Genetics can also be an easy way to do it, but you may kill somebody who's still being cloned.

Basically it's a fun little semilegal challenge where you find an APC, pulse the right wire, and figure out what doors need it.

Beepskies office is the new power outage exploit on cogmap 2, but security may still catch you.

The right APC can serve as a backdoor to other places without needing to hack every other door. Plus you can use it to rig APCs to explode by swapping the battery with a battery filled with plasma if you're an antag and then drag a few welding tanks nearby for an impromptu big explosion.

I think it also works on the biodome but I haven't checked in a while.

It's not as efficient as door hacking, but it's safer without gloves. You can also use it to steal insulated gloves from the mechanics office if you want.

edit: I've only ever actually done this on cogmap 2/1/etc, I have no idea what the power layout on Destiny is and I'd probably be breaking RP or something as a staff assistant to figure out the powered doors on the map so I've never done it. I suppose I could pick inspector and then declare that there's an exploitable flaw in the power grid. That would work as an IC reason.