Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
If that ever gets done then we definitely need the NT armor to work in the combination.

Oh right -- I'm on slow metab again. I forgot how amazingly good and bad it can be. Ling sting you? Now yer down twice as long AND in crit. Need a boost? Drink a bottle of chocolate. Somebody feed you an extra bottle of chocolate while yer passed out drunk? Hope you enjoy your long, diabetic nappy time. Injects a lot more unexpected situations into the game.
if someone uploads a 1-human law and overrides all laws etc you are free to murder the person who uploaded it unless they specifically state 'do not harm humans' or just make it so law 1 still applies  All Ears
(03-27-2017, 12:49 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: if someone uploads a 1-human law and overrides all laws etc you are free to murder the person who uploaded it unless they specifically state 'do not harm humans' or just make it so law 1 still applies  All Ears

i do this if they are a rude man, most of the time i give them benefit of the doubt, and either kill 1 of them, if its a group, or tase them, then tell them to try again
You cannot overdose on salbutamol. Quaff a few O2 kits and you can forego needing to breathe for the rest of the round. Plasma and hot air are still a problem though, but...

Donk Pockets are part of a robust breakfast. Two pockets and you're ready to take on the day, cus 30 units of omnizine doesn't donk around. It'll heal you up from the brink of death, and combined with that glass of salbutamol will let you survive quite a bit of crit. Slow Metabolism? You get about 10 minutes of a nice full tummy. Heating them might be tricky, unless...

Smoking is cool. Remember how you left your internals at home? Means you get a slot to pop a cig! Cheap stun-reduction, drip-feeds in whatever else it's laced with, and will heat up any donks you drop! If you find a teplerone-laced pro-puff, you'll barely need a space suit. Course, if we're going full-steam into substance abuse burg...

Coffee is your best friend. Coffee, like salbutamol, has no overdose threshold, so there are no drawbacks to emptying a vending machine into your guts (aside from looking like king seizure of spacker mountain). It will help reduce stuns, warm and wake you up, and give you a bit more stamina to work with. If you don't feel like spending half the round chugging cup-after-cuppa, you can always just rinse out a few IV bags and mainline your go-juice on-the-go. Might be a bit robust for your taste, so why not add some...

Chocolate is your best friend's best friend. Reports indicate that people with a Slow Metabolism will go into a coma from a full bottle of Happy Elf, but those reports are false, apparently! One bottle of hot chocolate will pixie stick with you for half the round, reducing stuns and boosting stamina while you run circles around the crew. Beware the potassium-phosphorous syringe-gunner! And as a bonus it'll occasionally make...

Epinephrine is fun to keep around. With a slow-ish depletion rate and reliable stun-reduction, alongside its crit-fixing power, it's always a good idea to keep some in the blood.

Honorable mentions go to salicylic acid and saline-glucose. Aspirin will last forever even on a non-powertraity character, and will do its best to heal you and keep you able to run away from badguys. Saline also has the ability to heal burn and brute just as good as omnizine, but it's unreliable and tends to shoot your bloodpressure through the roof.
while we are talking about substance abuse i usually if i really want to i empty a cigarette machine to find a mix of some good ciggybutts then light them all and put the in my pockets because for some reason having a burning cigarettte in the pocket counts as smoking it and so you can get some really good healing from the enriched msg or what ever is your pick form the stuff that you can get also you get some stun reduction from nicotine.

using strong willed will make the dangers of addiction disapear so you can smoke all you want

also i like to take some of the free medkits from engineering and load up on the so if you see me as a engineer i usually have 2-4 medkits on me.
People NEVER check the trash chutes for people, Sec members particularly miss them while searching.
Banana peels are your best defense against being Mindslaved as clown.
Full set of tools in a back pack won't be taken by sec.
Extra belt in backpack full of 'nades.
Shave Jay Woff for an instant fatality.
I have turned running away into an art form to make up for my lack of robustness, and I use every trick in the book to throw off my pursuer. Run into a door to open it, than going into a maintenance shaft and shutting the door behind me in particular leaves whoever is chasing me confused.
(03-28-2017, 12:10 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: People NEVER check the trash chutes for people, Sec members particularly miss them while searching.
Additionally, a good way to tell that a trash chute contains something is there is a little change in the sprite of a full disposal unit from a red light (I think) to a green light.
If you react 200-300 units of fluorosulfuric acid precursors on the same tile as someone without a mask, they die. Easy way to do this is to stun someone, put a fuel tank of the chems on them, then spam it with a welder until they melt.
(03-28-2017, 03:30 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 12:10 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: People NEVER check the trash chutes for people, Sec members particularly miss them while searching.
Additionally, a good way to tell that a trash chute contains something is there is a little change in the sprite of a full disposal unit from a red light (I think) to a green light.

The light is blue.
(03-30-2017, 02:05 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

The light is blue.
And as a matter of fact, it doesn't change color.  It's either on or off.

The lights you're speaking of indicate whether it can be used or if it's pressurizing.
(03-30-2017, 04:06 PM)Technature Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 02:05 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:

The light is blue.
And as a matter of fact, it doesn't change color.  It's either on or off.

The lights you're speaking of indicate whether it can be used or if it's pressurizing.

There's 3 different lights on a disposal chute, one indicates it's at full pressure, this one has another state which indicates it's recharging. Then there's another light which indicates there's something inside of the chute.

[Image: Uq0jw4q.png]

Left one has something inside of it.

Middle one has been flushed.

Right one has nothing inside of it, and is ready to flush.

Here's a neat lil' fact, if the power is off for an area, that little blue light won't appear so it makes hiding ever easier!
When I'm someone with access to a combustion chamber, my default plan is to make a tank's worth of CO2 super duper hot and then pump it into the hookups. Even better is when someone blames it on Engineering or, for some reason, the AI.