Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasures - What do you abuse?
Today I went through and made suggestions threads for stuff that I feel like I abuse every round:
easily accessible industrial space armor,
space walking in just a winter coat,
using .00001u thermite to melt rwalls,
breathing all round on an emergency oxygen tank

Those were my basically every round guilty pleasures that I would gear up with inside the first minute, what about you guys?

edit: plasmaglass spears!
Max-Cap Canister Bombs.

Oh, wait, you mean every round.

Strangely, I can't bring anything to mind.
Stealing flashes to robust would-be traitors.

Gotten some tasty salt from people who get angry after you take their shit when they try to kill you.  I'm a cop you idiot!
I'm guilty of those, sans winter coats and spears.

Using cosmetic achievement rewards to disguise my easy industrial armor for fashion reasons.
Teslabuddy bodyguard.
Various ways of completely neutralizing a changeling sting.
My guiltiest is the network diagnostics cart though.

I'm the semi-reformed powergamer on the admin team. I know your tricks.
suicide

I get bored if someone doesn't kill me within the 20-30 minutes, so I just kill myself and hang out with the boos.

Power-game items I grab every round: Toolbelt w/ tools, fire extinguisher, internals, a hat and eyewear. Why? Because I hate being trapped, I'm always on fire, I can never breathe, and I like to look .•°¤*(¯`★´¯)*¤° ąʍąƶɨɲǥ °¤*(¯´★`¯)*¤°•..
Hacking into everywhere. I try to avoid looting security these days, but give me ten minutes as a job with nothing better to do and I will be breaking into everywhere and stealing everything not nailed down.
Medkit.

I always have a use for it, whether I use it on myself or on others.  Regular medkits are pretty good stuff for most damage and allow you to come back from a fair bit of damage.  Also a crowbar, because screw getting stuck.

Banana peel too!
i only do stuff every clown round, everything else varies. i grab a gas mask from fire closets/cabinets, the santa hat, banana peel in the clown quarters, and from the banana you spawn with (just in case) then in my funny pack, fire extinguisher, 2 medkits. jetpack/big oxygen tank on my back, and when I can, industrial armour.

I pride myself on being a robust clown
I'm a non-reformed powergamer, unlike Grayshift.

I carry a special syringe to negate neurotoxin.
NetDiag cart every daaay.
Utility belt (or sec belt, depending) filled with a mechanical toolbox + multitool + igniter
Beaker of thermite + clf3
Medkit with atropine + calomel autoinjector.
Two emergency oxygen tanks, superpressurized.
Always have my slots filled with the best ie: boxing/insulated gloves, magboots/sandals, gas mask, engineering helm, sechuds(or regular sunglasses), and armor vest or similar.
At least two guns or ranged weapons, along with a baton/guaranteed stun, with a melee weapon that bleeds.

I also enjoy framing the AI by hooking up signalers to electrify and bolt doors. Extremely high success rate.

You gotta
Oh boy. I have WAY too many to count.   it's okay, he'll be up again before you know it 
I guess I'll start with my favorites.
  • Throwing / dropping banana peels in front of people walking. (Even better, plasma glass shards.  Demonology 101 )
  • Stealing the barman's glassware box, filling the glasses with 10 cryostylane, and throwing them at people that even mildly inconvenience me.
  • Rigging up remote signalling devices to the "electrify door" wires for airlocks at a department I don't like, and sending a signal every once and a while.
  • Using telescience to send piss/blood/vomit smoke beakers to the workplaces of crewmembers.
  • Activating the Hemera VII nuke to scare people on #1. 
  • Annoying the ever-living FUCK out of people. 
  • Tossing metal foam grenades into people's workplaces.
  • Disarm intent.
  • Using the AK-774 / Riot launcher loaded with 40mm HE shells when the shuttle docks at CentComm.  :tfrxmas: 
  • Rathen's Secret / Magic Missile + Cluwne or Polymorph. (OR BOTH)
There's probably more things I love to do, ( evil for evil's sake )
 but I can't think of all of them right now.
Most of my shifts, I take the cart and hack everything. The spare is mine. Then I get oxygen and fuck off to space for more loot.
Oh boy, a thread to confess our very own powergaming secrets in...
  • Debris field loot. There's just SO MUCH of it (RobustSEC, .308 rounds, artifacts)
  • Net Diag cart is awesome, especially if you do some fun in tech storage to nab the headpass
  • NASSA suit full time, with NT-SO armour on top for added robust
  • The glorious voltron from locked crates, and if I can get enough cash, buy command armour
  • Chocolate smoke pills to counter changelings at the first ling sighting
  • Mech boots are personally the best boots possible, just buy the ore from a certain merchant
  • Plant a toolbox or 2 with a full set of tools, including a multitool, around the station so you can always hack things
I've never bothered learned how to be a packet turbonerd. Instead, I've learned how to fuck everything ever up with chemistry.
I've seen all those 'nerf everything' threads. Not falling for this one. crossarms
Piss extinguishers.