Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
With a heavy heart, nerf winter coats
Hey,
Lately I have been using industrial space armor or winter coats exclusively and never worrying about space.
I feel like this is bad and that you should need a space suit to go into space.
I really hate to post this because I love using the winter coats and I love avoiding the awful slowdown from cold, but man it is just too easy to space walk, go to ice moon, whatever you want really.
I think maybe the winter coat should give full protection only when worn in conjunction with a winter hat and winter boots and other special winter items, or else have a significant slowdown or stamina penalty.  Not really sure.

Space should require a space suit + space helmet full stop.
Yeah, winter coat space-immunity feels like what was supposed to be a small detail (some cold resistance) that was accidentally too strong.
Seems reasonable. Turns out suits in general have some hidden bonuses in addition to their listed protection value.

Try comparing the cold resistance value between being naked and wearing a suit to the value the suit tooltip displays.

(Note that holding an item in hand counts as having it in your equipped items. This is dumb but endemic enough that I'm not going to fix it here for fear of breaking other things right now.)
Wait you can see your own cold resistance?
Hover over the vertical stat marker on the right of your inventory.

Now implementing...
Seems good to me, they weren't meant to be spaceproof, just good for keeping your speed up in the cold.
(02-22-2017, 01:03 PM)Gannets Wrote: Seems good to me, they weren't meant to be spaceproof, just good for keeping your speed up in the cold.

That could be a good way to go about it. Wearing it will negate speed being affected by being cold, but you could still take cold damage?
Yeah it was only a matter of time before this got nerfed. It was nice while it lasted.
Only if you add a paramedic suit to the Medical Director's locker.
I don't mind not being able to spacewalk in them (though it was hilarious) but don't nerf their resistance to cold slow, the things are lifesavers in that regard
oh this was done yeah