Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardbuddies
purge is annoying and it's annoying how easy it is to cripple half the station with the durability of buddies, you basically need guns to put any of them down without risk to yourself

purge the purge
Not to mention how every ass day the RD immediately sets the buddies to purge unless the captain already bombed the mainframe.
(02-21-2017, 09:50 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Not to mention how every ass day the RD immediately sets the buddies to purge unless the captain already bombed the mainframe.

and if there's one thing i hate on ass day, the day of players fucking with other players, causing and indulging chaos and mayhem

it's being FUCKING TRANQUILIZED ALL ROUND, RD
(02-22-2017, 03:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 09:50 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Not to mention how every ass day the RD immediately sets the buddies to purge unless the captain already bombed the mainframe.

and if there's one thing i hate on ass day, the day of players fucking with other players, causing and indulging chaos and mayhem

it's being FUCKING TRANQUILIZED ALL ROUND, RD

Stay until the middle of ass day, when the high pop is gone. The station turns into a frienship.
I would definetely be up for the removal of the purge function with enough support, if it facilitates the roboticists. I am all about striking a balance; remove one thing, replace it with alternatives.
The removal of the purge function and giving the buddies to the roboticists is still unbalanced; as outlined in my first point; they are robust and crewmembers should not be getting ol' harners as bodyguards as easy as that. Light shells, weaker modules would remedy this.

Those who still feel this is unbalanced with lighter shells and softer-handed modules I raise you this: Bees.
Guardbeedies, basically like a regular Guardbuddy but stings as per a bee rather than stuns. 99% sure sprites for this are already done.

Truly nefarious.
My point was actually that bees are more dangerous than guardbuddies due to their harmful sting, the ease of getting them to crazy numbers, the fact that they naturally defend its owner rather than through programming, and that they are a common commodity.

Guardbuddies take work.
I just want to see a way to actually expand the amount of guardbuddies you can field (not necessarily an easy way, just an actual way to do it). Attempting to set up new charging stations is basically impossible as far as I can tell, as no matter what, they and the guardbuddies connected to them will not show up on the guardbuddy list.
(02-22-2017, 08:19 AM)Calebc789 Wrote: I just want to see a way to actually expand the amount of guardbuddies you can field (not necessarily an easy way, just an actual way to do it). Attempting to set up new charging stations is basically impossible as far as I can tell, as no matter what, they and the guardbuddies connected to them will not show up on the guardbuddy list.

You should just be able to set them up on top of data terminals and have them connect to the network
The network ids of the buddies (when viewing their pop-up window) don't always match up with what is assigned to them on the dwaine network.
The network ID's are VERY similar to the ones on the dwaine network, i'm not entirely too sure why they are not matching exactly, and that can be confusing.
Pretty sure the network IDs you're connecting to are the chargers themselves, not the buddies.
What if we locked the purge routine behind a multiple authentication lock just like the nuclear charge?
(02-23-2017, 07:02 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: What if we locked the purge routine behind a multiple authentication lock just like the nuclear charge?

Then it would turn into ONLY the traitor HoP/Captain doing it by making new IDs
make it so you can target buddies with guns 

tasing them should scramble their systems or reset them to make them not murderous