Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bees!
As long as we're talking about sounds that bees should make, what about having them actually buzz?
(02-21-2017, 04:58 PM)sen761 Wrote: @mageziya the litch bee is in the game I SAW it

It's news to me if it is.
it's true! i saw it too!
Apisophilia, pteh! Buddies are where it's at!

Though yeah I've heard Goonstation called 'that bee server'. We might as well go whole hog on that, heh.

Bad influence: Certain hats affect bee personalities, names, and sprites.

Killer bees: Not aggressive, but far more dangerous to those assaulting their 'parent'. Takes some gettin' to get.

Uh, trait: Apisophile - start with a random bee egg. Or maybe a box with a few. Or something.

Bee carpet: Take bee wool, apply to tile, BAM bee carpet.

Bee's knees: Work this in somewhere, if it isn't already.

Yeah I'm all out of dumb ideas already.
B E E C A R P E T for the B E E L O U N G E

Let's go F U L L B E E
i bee carpet just that yellow hive tile from the bee ship
Let's add mason bees. They turn disposals chutes and mail chutes into their nests, but are rather shy and run into them when people approach. Befriend a mason bee by stuffing snacks into it's chute-home. A mason bee friend is a friend for life!
(02-21-2017, 09:44 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Let's add mason bees. They turn disposals chutes and mail chutes into their nests, but are rather shy and run into them when people approach. Befriend a mason bee by stuffing snacks into it's chute-home. A mason bee friend is a friend for life!

or carpenter bees which are cuter
(02-22-2017, 12:48 AM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 09:44 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Let's add mason bees. They turn disposals chutes and mail chutes into their nests, but are rather shy and run into them when people approach. Befriend a mason bee by stuffing snacks into it's chute-home. A mason bee friend is a friend for life!

or carpenter bees which are cuter

yes, engineering should get carpenter bees
(02-22-2017, 01:40 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:48 AM)zewaka Wrote: or carpenter bees which are cuter

yes, engineering should get carpenter bees

I'd say blend "carpenter bees" with "sci-fi theme" and get "welder bees" - bees with welding masks that plate any wall girders that need plating, tile any lattice that need flooring, and repair any steel grilles. Naturally they turn the first thing they repair into their bee nest (not hive, carpenter/welder bees are solitary).

Bonus points if it comes with a new material (honeycomb) that they use to make the repairs which has a hex-ish texture and whatever bizarre properties you want to give it (let those with apidae metabolism eat it?).
Hate to say it but I'm against any other creatures/beings that do the job of engineers for them. The ghost drones came to our station and are takin' all our jobs! Build a wall around the ghost drone ship! Blegh!

One of my favorite things to do as an engineer is rebuild the station after the chaos sweeps through but this is sadly being taken over by hastily built RCD walls and floors from the ghost drones. Don't give me a disdainful attitude toward bees now as well.
You'll always have the ability to place tables, at least.

I'm wondering if this sudden interest in bees means I should pick up work on medibees/medical bees/nurse bees/bee MDs/please god help me name these bees again, and try adding other be professions while I'm at it.

(02-21-2017, 03:17 PM)misto Wrote: bees who drink nectar from medicinal plants should have stings loaded with that plants medicine and administer t to the injured

Especially as this was gonna be one of the main reasons for it.
I support the bee carpet idea, infact, I think we should be able to combine honey and steel to make Hivemetal (accepting better name ideas), the substance that makes up the debris field hive ship's superstructure (AKA You can use it to make the hive ship floors and walls).

I also think that bees should be able to make the hivemetal naturally (though I'm not sure what you'd have to do ingame to make them do that).
-Bee queen antag, basically if alien was a bee

-Ghost bees

-Bee transformation disease: can be cured with histamine injections (or stings)

-Beetonium: Secret chem, infects all who come into contact with bee transformation, recipe should involve bee eggs and such
I'm legitimately surprised we don't have a bee themed telsci area yet. That's a chance for MAXIMUM BEE OVERLOAD!

wop wop Mario

Also not sure if I really WANT one, but we're going FULL BEE here.