Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bees!
I mentioned this in the IRC a couple of days ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

Honeybees let out a "whoop" when they bump into each other.

Otto von Beesmark bumbles into the greater domesticated spacebee!
Otto von Beesmark whoops!
The greater domesticated spacebee whoops!

This thread isn't just about that though, it's about ideas for bees in general. One thing I saw a while back - beekeepers will dust their bees in sugar in order to protect against parasites. So in SS13, clicking a bee with a pack of sugar in your hand should lead to:

Space Man covers the greater domesticated spacebee in sugar! The greater domesticated spacebee looks pleased about this.

Bees can also be trained to sniff out drugs. Let's follow this to its logical extension: security bees! Sec starts with two secbees, each of which can be "tied" to a single officer, using some device I haven't thought of. That bee automatically follows the officer without the need for pulling, and the officer gets a new menu with three options. "Search" orders the bee to find drugs or explosives nearby, flying to the tile that it's on, or if they are in someone's possession, buzzing threateningly at them. "Sic" is a targeted ability and orders the bee to chase down and sting someone. "Heel" returns the bee to your side.

Finally, I mentioned it in Pocket Pets and I'll mention it here: Carpenter Bees! They're smaller than regular bees, will happily live in your backpack and if you give them a piece of wood, they'll make you a nice carving.

That's all I got please suggest bee things.
whoop
Security officers start with whistles. Why not make them do double duty as bee whistles?

Click whistle in hand: Blows the whistle, making noise as per current use.
While holding a whistle, click drag from the bee to the person/place/thing to issue commands based on intent:
Help: Search that person. Bee will buzz threateningly if they have bombs/drugs and happily otherwise.
Disarm: Heel and go to there. Bee will go to someone/some place and and stop following/stinging/etc.
Grab: Follow them! Bee will follow that person around/go to that place and stay there/with them.
Kill: Sting them! Bee will sting that person into submission. Won't sting prone targets.
(02-21-2017, 06:14 AM)Grek Wrote: Help: Search that person. Bee will buzz threateningly if they have bombs/drugs and happily otherwise.

While searching the bee should spin on itself (like when it dances). Until the search ends.
Remember this thread!
I support any additional features that bring us more into "that weird server with the quasi-bee-fetish" territory.
Wire Wrote:I support any additional features that bring us more into "that weird server with the quasi-bee-fetish" territory.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Item for creating secbees: A tiny lil' police hat, purchasable from Bombini, that appears on the secbee sprite. Simply put it on any ordinary bee to create a buzzy little officer of the law.
Drug sniffing bees. I love it.
what if u put sec hat on giant bee
i think other departments should have special bees, too 

give heisenbee a friend named Beesearch and Development
bees who drink nectar from medicinal plants should have stings loaded with that plants medicine and administer t to the injured
B E E W H I S T L E S
give the RD a special whistle with a frequency only heisenbee reacts to

edit: also please do add the WHOOP noises
I mean, if this is thread is just for bee suggestions in general, I once vaguely suggested that giving an Obsidian Crown to a bee to wear will turn the bee into a nightmarish lich-bee.

I even made a sprite for it.
[Image: Cq6MXbX.gif]

Granted, this isn't a very friendly, or even bee-like, suggestion.
@mageziya the litch bee is in the game I SAW it