Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Alcohol Still.
The current still is totally automated and barely requires loading.

This new makeshift still would be assembled from repurposed items.
[Image: hY2KA9z.png]
  • Plasma tank
  • welder
  • wire for a heating coil
  • a glass,bottle or beaker
  • a pipe frame for the condensate coil

You would load items to boil, then set a temperature and a time; each alcohol product would have its own set (or range, if quality is introduced).
Shifting too far off the range would cause in order of severity, ethanol smoke, methanol smoke (wood alcohol, makes you blind), a small explosion that damages the still (without floor disruption) and requires new glass to fix it.
It would be a bit of a timebomb if used carelessly (or purposefully so.)

[Image: 87RNJ2U.png]

[Image: medHbik.png] [Image: 9WFCzxR.gif]
Wow, excellent job on the sprites. One thing, though, as it stands the still is basically completely useless. Nobody ever uses the damn thing, (even though they get super pissed when I steal it) and it can't get you anything that the bartender isn't able to just pull from his booze closet, or dispense from his fountain. Although I really like the idea of cobbled-together homemade stills, there'd have to be added elements to make it useful. Maybe if you could use the new still with things other than just generic produce? What if it produces stuff other than basic liqour, like advanced stuff (suiciders, screwdrivers) or even actual drugs? Hobo chemistry Crank would be a hell of a lot better if you actually had to set up a row of maintenance stills to produce it. With some extra elements, this could be pretty awesome, but as it is I don't think nerfing something nobody uses anyway is going to have much effect on the game.
the still can get you some things (well, at least one that i know of) that you can't obtain very easily otherwise, but for the most part the booze dispenser makes it a tad useless
Make it be able to produce super special drinks and it'd be used for sure

i.e moonshine.
Idea: some item/items in chemistry that can be acquired somehow and combined with alcohol dispensers (or something else in the bar cupboard, idk) to create chem dispensers. Barman still has to get into/negotiate with chemistry to participate in the noble tradition of chembarring, and it doesn't let everyone on the station create their own hobo chemistry kits with minimal difficulty, but it does mean that a noble and creative chembarman doesn't have to keep rushing across half the station every ten minutes to fill boxes full of cat drugs while getting yelled at over the radio.
Oops, I forgot how I was going to actually tie my idea into this idea. I guess instead of creating a straight-up chem dispenser, the barman should be able to create this monstrosity, and it should... work differently in some way. Maybe you need to feed it non-specific fuel to turn into chemicals.
Make it powered by alcohol/ethanol

Bar man can just get beer/party crate to refill.

Chemistry can just use beakers of ethanol.

Because it would be funny to have a booze still powered by booze.