Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating your own arm
You get kuru and a lack of arm(s). But hey, you aren't handcuffed. Changelings should also be able to have this as they already can get out of cuffs instantly and can remove their own arm and grow it back. Possibly takes less time then uncuffing yourself so you have a chance to escape. At a price, of course. Run to medbay to cure the Kuru if you can and get another arm.
You can't cure kuru.
(02-16-2017, 08:18 AM)Cirrial Wrote: You can't cure kuru.

I thought you could. Anyways, you free yourself but limit your lifespan.
Kuru wouldn't really make sense. Kuru is caused by denatured prions that denature other prions, which rapidly causes mass denaturing. And prions are used in the brain!

But eating your arm would be neat. Severe bleeding and and brute damage. Enough to crit.
What about just eating the cuffs? Or gnawing your arm off if you're not a genetic freak?
Or... Click resist. If someone doesn't want you to escape from cuffs they'll stop you from eating your arm. And arm-eating would be much slower than taking cuffs off.
personally i think that a desperate spaceman would be more likely to snip his hand off in some of the various horrible machinery around the station than nibble thru it. ie firelocks and airlocks are established as being able to crush skulls, mashing thru a hand and a handcuff cant be much harder

but its still a terribly self destructive move
Sec has a hard enough job without an easy was to escape cuffs.
(02-16-2017, 02:30 PM)misto Wrote: personally i think that a desperate spaceman would be more likely to snip his hand off in some of the various horrible machinery around the station than nibble thru it. ie firelocks and airlocks are established as being able to crush skulls, mashing thru a hand and a handcuff cant be much harder

I like this idea, mainly because of the ability to cause massive self harm to yourself but still remove cuffs if you can't sit still for 45 seconds.
(02-16-2017, 03:21 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 02:30 PM)misto Wrote: personally i think that a desperate spaceman would be more likely to snip his hand off in some of the various horrible machinery around the station than nibble thru it. ie firelocks and airlocks are established as being able to crush skulls, mashing thru a hand and a handcuff cant be much harder

I like this idea, mainly because of the ability to cause massive self harm to yourself but still remove cuffs if you can't sit still for 45 seconds.

Make it remove both arms and cause heavy bleeding
Removing both arms makes it entirely useless and simply self destructive. Perfect!
Cant you already eat your own organs and limbs with boosted matter eater?
(02-17-2017, 05:20 AM)Sov Wrote: Cant you already eat your own organs and limbs with boosted matter eater?

sure but it doesnt allow you to viciously gnaw off your own arm