Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Unable to use computers as AI after revival
In this round, I was the AI. A few minutes into the round, my core was killed by a wizard with a staff of cthulhu. It was subsequently revived by repairing it and then resetting, and in the effort of putting myself in a secure area, I started telesciencing. I calibrated telesci using a shell just fine, but then I tried using the telesci computer from my mainframe and it did not work. 

I was able to open and fully use the telesci computer when adjacent to it as a shell, and I was further able to use it from any range, but only when deployed to a shell. I was able to deploy to one shell, recall to mainframe, and then deploy to the other shell and be able to use the telesci computer fully from that shell. Attempting to use the telesci computer by opening it whilst in a shell and then using it from my mainframe did not work. 

After experimentation, I found that my overall command of the computers was severely limited. Neither reconnecting nor reclienting effected any changes. These are my findings:
  • I was able to fully use the pathology computer.
  • I was able to open the cloning computer and read it, but clicking anything resulted in nothing.
  • I was able to click the AI upload computer to check my laws.
  • I was able to open engine output monitoring, station power grid monitoring, the pump control computer, and the gas mixer control in inner engineering. However, I was unable to use them; clicking anything resulted in nothing.
  • I was able to open the solar panel computers, but I was unable to change their settings. Clicking anything closed the window and effected no change.
  • I was not able to open or use the personal computer in medbay's break room, despite it being adjacent to a camera.
  • I was unable to open the medical computer in the medical booth, despite it being right in front of a camera.
This did not appear to have an effect on my usage of other electronics, such as doors or APCs.