Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robust Air Bridge Centcom Upgrade
Airbridges now crush people when they close. People might use them more!
Sounds like a creative murder method that has the SS13 vibe to it. Maybe have a safety on the airbridge computer that can be overridden if hacked, EMagged, the AI or a borg does it, etc.
Fairly certain that you will already be gibbed if you stand in the way of the walls when the airbridge closes.
(02-15-2017, 07:34 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Fairly certain that you will already be gibbed if you stand in the way of the walls when the airbridge closes.

pretty last time i saw it happen they just got shoved into the wall, then walked out
(02-15-2017, 01:02 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 07:34 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Fairly certain that you will already be gibbed if you stand in the way of the walls when the airbridge closes.

pretty last time i saw it happen they just got shoved into the wall, then walked out

Dang. This should be a thing then. Perhaps just the walls and not the walkway though.
Attention residents of Space Station Thirteen, it appears that your airbridge was outdated. DO NOT FEAR! We have switched the current control panels with RobustBridge panels, please use them responsibly.

Anyways, if this gets implemented, I think that you could activate/deactivate ROBUST mode on airbridges with some sort of clever thing involving wires and batteries.
I love this.
"AI, extend this airbridge now, it's cold out here."
"You really don't want me to do that."
"DO IT. THAT'S AN ORDERCAPSLOCKSCREAMING"
"...k"
<Loud squishing noise>
but the air bridge is just a tube thing, how can a tube squish ppl if theyre in the hollow part of the tube
(02-16-2017, 09:34 PM)misto Wrote: but the air bridge is just a tube thing, how can a tube squish ppl if theyre in the hollow part of the tube

The RobustBridge module for Airbridges increases the speed at which the airbridge deploys, retracts, pressurizes and crushes.
Not to be a downer every thread, but you know how door crushing sounded like kind of a neat idea until it was added and people realized that it just meant random damage, made navigating the station annoying as hell and was too clunky to actually use for nefarious purposes? I don't think Door Crushing II: Gibbing Edition is going to play out any differently.
(02-18-2017, 12:55 AM)Roomba Wrote: Not to be a downer every thread, but you know how door crushing sounded like kind of a neat idea until it was added and people realized that it just meant random damage, made navigating the station annoying as hell and was too clunky to actually use for nefarious purposes? I don't think Door Crushing II: Gibbing Edition is going to play out any differently.

This isn't door crushing, it's airbridge crushing. How many times a round are the airbridges retracted? I'd wager that the number is less than 10 on average.
well it certainly sounds nice for rogue ais to slaughter ppl with, since rogue ais are the only player role with sufficient control over the airlock bolts and the airbridge computer to set up this trap, at which point the ppl slaughtered will demand it be removed
(02-18-2017, 07:34 PM)misto Wrote: well it certainly sounds nice for rogue ais to slaughter ppl with, since rogue ais are the only player role with sufficient control over the airlock bolts and the airbridge computer to set up this trap, at which point the ppl slaughtered will demand it be removed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be able to dodge the airbridge with enough warning, right?
hm, you bring up another good point. whats the use of adding airbridge crushing if everyone will just dodge it?
airbridges are hella slow. This would probably get more use for people killing themself, rather than a murder method. Maybe some added AI stuff to the emergency shuttle would be fun though, currently the AI can't even see the damn thing