Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rules - Discord
So, a while back we wrote up a lot of these
https://wiki.ss13.co/Rules#IRC_Channel_Rules

At the time it was generally agreed that these rules did not apply to the Discord.

However; there have been some big incidents on discord as of late where rules like this have been enforced.

As such I ask what are the rules for the discord, and can we add them to the wiki page.
huh, did not see this one coming
I was expecting more min responses. Seems they are okay with the IRC rules applying to the discord? I'll edit the rules page on the wiki tomorrow to read "IRC and Discord" in that case. ZYpGSzux
Weren't people banned for breaking the Discord Terms of Service, rather than the IRC rules? I know of only one person recently, and the removal of hellchannel seems to fit more with avoiding getting the channel banned from Discord all-together for breaking the ToS.

Here's their Terms of Service if you're interesting, Rules of Conduct and Usage apply the most I guess.

You probably also shouldn't edit the rule as a non-admin, because they're pretty clear that the rules don't apply to Discord. Plus you aren't going to be the one banning people, so it's not up to you to make the rules. It has been less than a day anyways, so give it some time for people to give their opinions.
now I'm wondering what is going on in this discord

you have to be pretty shit for them to Summary Execution you from the entire platform
One person was banned (by us) for posting an image they really should not have, since it then inlined the image and everybody in the channel got to see some anime baby dick.

I would prefer the IRC rules apply to the discord as well but I'm going to talk it over with the other admins before that's set in stone.

(02-15-2017, 03:08 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: I was expecting more min responses. Seems they are okay with the IRC rules applying to the discord? I'll edit the rules page on the wiki tomorrow to read "IRC and Discord" in that case. ZYpGSzux

Don't edit the rules page, please.  The admins will do so if it's needed.
(02-15-2017, 09:37 AM)Haine Wrote: One person was banned (by us) for posting an image they really should not have, since it then inlined the image and everybody in the channel got to see some anime baby dick.

I would prefer the IRC rules apply to the discord as well but I'm going to talk it over with the other admins before that's set in stone.

(02-15-2017, 03:08 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: I was expecting more min responses. Seems they are okay with the IRC rules applying to the discord? I'll edit the rules page on the wiki tomorrow to read "IRC and Discord" in that case. ZYpGSzux

Don't edit the rules page, please.  The admins will do so if it's needed.

the ZYpGSzux actually is a pastebin btw.

(02-15-2017, 08:38 AM)69andahalf Wrote: Weren't people banned for breaking the Discord Terms of Service, rather than the IRC rules? I know of only one person recently, and the removal of hellchannel seems to fit more with avoiding getting the channel banned from Discord all-together for breaking the ToS.

Here's their Terms of Service if you're interesting, Rules of Conduct and Usage apply the most I guess.

You probably also shouldn't edit the rule as a non-admin, because they're pretty clear that the rules don't apply to Discord. Plus you aren't going to be the one banning people, so it's not up to you to make the rules. It has been less than a day anyways, so give it some time for people to give their opinions.

I figured as much (it being ToS violations)
however, I still think we should be providing links to the ToS for services we use as part of our own ToS/rules as, our complying with the rules of the things we use (example: synirc) is implied by our usage of it.
i vastly prefer that the current stance of 'if the admins decide you're a shit, you're gone, and if a channel turns to shit, it's gone' remain.
and if you're not an admin, don't edit the rules page or i'll break your fingers, thank you
(02-15-2017, 09:37 AM)Haine Wrote: Don't edit the rules page, please.  The admins will do so if it's needed.

they shouldn't be able to, anyways
(02-15-2017, 12:35 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 09:37 AM)Haine Wrote: Don't edit the rules page, please.  The admins will do so if it's needed.

they shouldn't be able to, anyways

heh. You know I never even checked if I could; I can not.
Can the invite link be updated so I can find out if I was banned or just kicked lol ? smile
(01-21-2018, 06:27 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Can the invite link be updated so I can find out if I was banned or just kicked lol ? smile

the links in the wiki & the forum work though.