Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transferring from debris field to station z-level
Apparently, for some weird reason, you can cross the z-level boundaries on the station z-level to go to the debris field, but not vice-versa. What do you guys think about fixing this?
(02-13-2017, 04:43 PM)Calebc789 Wrote: Apparently, for some weird reason, you can cross the z-level boundaries on the station z-level to go to the debris field, but not vice-versa. What do you guys think about fixing this?

If you're in a pod, hit the "return to station" button a bit before you cross the z-level to return

My thoughts are you're meant to get lost in space without a pod, but have some kind beacon that you can follow in one
im pretty sure that this is intentional, to encourage good chances of lethality or at least several minutes of inconvenience of hurling ppl out of the station. pod portals, the mining station shuttle, and a couple other objects enable you to get back to the station if youre prepared or lucky

im not sure what the ingame explanation of it is. maybe the station operates in some kind of stealth field that makes it hard to just drive back to normally
(02-13-2017, 04:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 04:43 PM)Calebc789 Wrote: Apparently, for some weird reason, you can cross the z-level boundaries on the station z-level to go to the debris field, but not vice-versa. What do you guys think about fixing this?

If you're in a pod, hit the "return to station" button a bit before you cross the z-level to return

My thoughts are you're meant to get lost in space without a pod, but have some kind beacon that you can follow in one

So that's what that button does. I always thought it was just a vestigial command that might've done something half a decade ago. Half expect it to send me to mushroom station and then laugh at me.

I'd prefer something like a random chance for the z-edges to send you to either the station or the other side of the debris field.
Note that it doesn't affect the Y-drone.
If you space somebody they shouldn't end up hitting the station again. You can't make your way back using a jetpack or throwing stuff, I've always felt that this is because the station is too far from the space z level(s).
As others have mentioned pods can be used to return or just warp there.

If youre just floating though its usually not to hard to float to the mining shuttle...unless a drone spots you. Then youre fucked
(02-13-2017, 04:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

[Image: post-27446-The-More-You-Know-Unicorn-gif-UBWc.gif]