Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Pathology QoL
1. Remove the credit transfer device- I don't think i have ever seen any of those being used and it just occupies space

2. And another Lab counter next to the autoclave for growing pathogens and stuff

Just this for now
I am strongly in favor of some sort of autofeeder for pathogen cultures.
(02-13-2017, 03:31 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I am strongly in favor of some sort of autofeeder for pathogen cultures.

Yes, feeding the cultures is incredibly annoying, especially when you have needs to attend to
Marq did sort of greenlight an incubator. It just needs to get done by someone.

I also want the 2.5% random splice failure that destroys the sample removed. The mutated sample one is annoying but you shouldn't lose an entire sample when you've done your splice correctly.
I haven't played Pathology in ages but I DEFINITELY agree on more space and an incubator.

One idea I had in OOC on LLJK1 a few days ago was a vial/petri dish rack-cabinet-thingy which can hold, say, 20 petri dishes and 30 vials. There'd be 5 different racls, 2 for petri dishes and 3 for vials. You can read labels you put on the vials and petri dishes as well! So, basically, you can neatly store all your samples in one (or two) places AND have them neatly organized!
(02-13-2017, 04:22 PM)Maegor Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 03:31 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: I am strongly in favor of some sort of autofeeder for pathogen cultures.

Yes, feeding the cultures is incredibly annoying, especially when you have needs to attend to

You guys realize that petri dishes can hold an unlimited amount of nutrient right?

Ive never played destiny but on cog2 we have a chem dispenser. I just toss in the base and two 100u beakers of nutrient, and by the time it starves ive already moved to the next generation of growing making the old dish irrelevant...dont think feeding the cultures has ever really been an issue 

On cog1 theres no chem dispenser though so yes it does get a little tricky since you can run out of nutrient if youre wasteful

E: looked at the map and saw the itsy bitsy path lab on destiny. Id say just adding a chem dispenser would make your lives much easier and be the easiest change vs coding and spriting new machinery
(02-14-2017, 08:29 AM)Sov Wrote: On cog1 theres no chem dispenser though so yes it does get a little tricky since you can run out of nutrient if youre wasteful

Yep, on Destiny the nearest dispenser is in the pharmacy - which is why I tend to get a mechanic to build one for me before I start dabbling.

I'm generally pretty okay with some departments not having quite all of the equipment that would make work there easier, as it gives mechanics a purpose over "create deathtraps".
I am aware and do use it but I don't really feel it should work that way. A specific incubator object is much more fitting.