Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogue AI's need to be more strategic than bolt-tastic
This is going to sound like a bit of a stupid or pointless suggestion at first but just hear me out. I think that the AI needs more ways to kill people when rogue.

Now yes, it sounds stupid at first but here's the thing, as it stands the AI has pretty much two ways to kill people.
1) Electrify and bolt doors
2) Hope to god you have some borgs about

If there were more ways the AI could go about killing people it would make everything more interesting. Why bolt every door when there are more effective but risky methods you could use.

This leads me into suggestion two, give the AI some kind of alloted power allowance relative to the engine output. Bolting and electrifying doors along with other things would add to this total, while opening doors would cause a temporary spike which in most cases is non-important. Electrifying doors would add a large amount onto this total while bolting would be mostly meaningless. Possibly allow an AI to set the amount of power in an electrified door, so they can make a kill door at the cost of a lot of power.
To a non-rogue AI this allowance won't cause problems unless the engine is down and its allowance is really low. If ever the AI accidentially exceeds it's allowance then everything it's tampered with will reset and it'll be given a brief cooldown while it reboots, around 60 seconds.
This would encourage the AI to actually be smart about what it does and means the engineers could cripple it by lowering the engine's output to go below what the AI is using.

These ideas come simply because I enjoy playing AI but I do notice problems with it when it goes rogue.
I like the limit on AIs abilities to do harm. Think about it, it makes it so traitors don't just immediately default to "Let's make the AI rogue!" and provides more variety for rounds.
Some stuff on the topic from a couple of months ago.
Oh, I must have somehow missed that thread. Well in that case if someone wants to just merge this into that thread because I somehow scrolled past it that'd work.