Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
Nah, I think the last thing needed is another poll

Buttes Wire patch is still the most attractive solution to me because I think it's the best compromise but I don't know how to code and I'm not an admin so there's nothing I can do for that.
I agree with everything Noah said, this whole fucking thing is dumb and reeks of minority rule and "fuck you you're feedback doesn't matter".
hi yes i've been super busy sorry it's 11:17 pm and I just got home and I have to wake up at 5am

if I have time, I'll try looking into the buttes-wire idea this weekend, never worked with stamina though before besides modifiers so no guarentees
i'll probably look at sprinting lol
(04-12-2017, 10:15 AM)Grayshift Wrote: I also stated I don't think polls are appropriate

Then what is? Cause 20 pages of mostly negative feedback hardly got anything changed and neither did a poll made to gather the community's thoughts in the most basic way. If anything you've shown that you're not listening and don't plan to listen. I really hate to put it in such a rude way but I feel I and the community have been more than patient in wanting and waiting for change and even throwing out good suggestions to make it better for everyone. Only to wait about two months to get told "Thanks for the feedback but your collective efforts meant fuck all. Thanks!"

What was the point of asking for our feedback if none of it was going to get used? Feels like a joke really.

It's like I said here. I edited this in last minute so I doubt he saw it.

Noah thank you so much for your long post. You are braver then I. At least other coders are listening instead of doubling down like Grayshift. This is by far one of the worst changes to ever grace Goonstation.

Let me die on that hill if you want Noah. But everything I said was true you just don't like how I said it.

(04-13-2017, 12:51 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: There is just no excuse whatsoever for your repeated "Fuck you's" with the emojis too, Noah. Unacceptable.

I can't really blame him though I agree it was excessive. We were asked to give feedback and did it even with a poll with the thought that change was going to be coming. We gave really good positive and negative feedback. Only to wait Two month to be told "Nothing is changing I don't care if you all hate it, nothing is changing you wasted your time" I completely understand and agree with the backlash.
I think an apology and perspective is warranted. My tone hasn't been great and I'm sorry for that.

I also apologize about the poll. I don't think it should have been added and by the time I noticed it was there, it had enough votes that I thought it would be bad to remove it.

And for some perspective, just did a live test of how long it takes to traverse the station. Cogmap1, from outside the botany pod bay to outside QM.

Regular movement: 35s
Pulling a welding tool: 45s
Pulling an empty crate: 60s
Crate packed full of things: 70s

35s more at worst for a full station traversal. Please be chill about this. It's not the end of goonstation. We are listening to feedback and a lot of things have been changed since the initial implementation. I'm looking into ways to make sprint-pulling a better short range option that does not re-enable the ability to juke pursuit while dragging a victim and simultaneously clubbing them with an extinguisher.
Sounds great I look forward to the changes. Also Thank you for the apology. But drive-by kidnappings will never go away. You made it slower that's it. People have already adjusted themselves and use new tactics to do it and as long as the current stations we play on have tunnels near players at all time it will never change or dare I say.....slow them down. You'll need a whole new map designed around this idea to fully change the things you want changed. But then you run the risk of making it too big like Cogmap2 or making it a clusterfuck that Cogmap2 almost was.

Still holding out hope for the Noah/Wire patch.
(04-13-2017, 05:01 AM)Grayshift Wrote: I think an apology and perspective is warranted. My tone hasn't been great and I'm sorry for that.

I also apologize about the poll. I don't think it should have been added and by the time I noticed it was there, it had enough votes that I thought it would be bad to remove it.

And for some perspective, just did a live test of how long it takes to traverse the station. Cogmap1, from outside the botany pod bay to outside QM.

Regular movement: 35s
Pulling a welding tool: 45s
Pulling an empty crate: 60s
Crate packed full of things: 70s

35s more at worst for a full station traversal. Please be chill about this. It's not the end of goonstation. We are listening to feedback and a lot of things have been changed since the initial implementation. I'm looking into ways to make sprint-pulling a better short range option that does not re-enable the ability to juke pursuit while dragging a victim and simultaneously clubbing them with an extinguisher.

that is assuring to hear.

thank you. 

though maybe for the whole  "re-enable the ability to juke pursuit while dragging a victim and simultaneously clubbing them with an extinguisher." thing, why not make it so swinging something at someone consumes a lot of stamina. and also make it have a high chance to not actually hit the person. imagine, you're running down the halls, dragging someone by their feet, and you're just somehow contorting yourself around to hold a fire extinguisher in order to beat someone. all of this could be remedied with what i suggested without changing pull speed. it'd take the being able to beat the shit out of people while dragging them away but also add in more tactility. (where am i gonna take this guy so i can beat him? i gotta be fast too in case he gets back up)
The crates should make an awful metal on metal shriek as they are dragged. And most funny-looking items should be pulled at normal walking speed if you want a more serious suggestion.
(04-13-2017, 12:51 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: I disagree completely with the stance taken by Grayshift over this but I also disagree strongly with people that are putting their time into this game being sworn at repeatedly and pointedly.

There is just no excuse whatsoever for your repeated "Fuck you's" with the emojis too, Noah. Unacceptable.

I did what I believed had to be done. I take full responsibility for my actions and am prepared to be held accountable for them and to suffer the consequences that follow from them.
There's not going to be any punishment, man. I'm concerned for you, not offended for myself.
Might as well give my own opinion on this even though it might be too late but its just annoying thats it lovering the slowdown is a good idea but i dont think that the slowdown is that bad on its own its BAD when you have a other slow down like coldnes, space suit, damage slowdown, being fat, and other ones cant remember them all but the space suit one is the one that im annoyed by the most when stacked IT MAKES YOU SO SLOW its pain to drag gas cans around the engine because im doing a hellburn and the all around space proof clothing nerf does not help but im not going to talk about that here.

What should be done for this?

lower the slowdown for everything that gives it when dragging, try that to start with and see what people think about it then with the feedback that you get from that and the one we already have see what you will do with it.
I'd also like to point out, as many other people have pointed out, that making transport systems more used needs more to be done than slowing down pull speeds.

The main, critical, issue is that many transport systems are too out of the way for the average station dweller. The biggest example being belt hell, with docks primarily in out of the way locations on the edges of the station. MULEs and cargo carts are slow, forklifts are locked in QM and Cargo Transporters entirely trump them all depending on the location.

The whole mish-mash of transport systems is annoying and unbalanced. It doesn't help either that QM, the people primarily responsible for sending supplies round the station are seldom asked for anything, as supplies are abundant enough that no department needs QM to send them anything.

In short, slowing down pull speeds goes some way to making transport systems useful, but it doesn't address the issues behind the systems in the first place
The forklifts really ought to move as fast as you could drag things pre-nerf, considering they are the more limited and best way to take something directly to a location
(04-13-2017, 01:51 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: The forklifts really ought to move as fast as you could drag things pre-nerf, considering they are the more limited and best way to take something directly to a location

*MULEbot beeps sadly*
A lot of people seem to be complaining a LOT about stacking slowdowns, so why not give diminishing returns on slows? Each additional slow source is say, 25% weaker then the last one, or something. Maaaybe do the same thing with speed buffs (except shift-sprinting), because speeds can get pretty insane as well